Made it personal (15)

Stiles, Steve, and Tony sat at a table, not talking. Fury and Agent Hill stood in a corner, sulking. Stiles hadn't stopped crying until a few moments ago. Now, he was just numb. He couldn't feel anything. No sadness, no guilt, no pain, no anger, nothing.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never got you to sign them." Fury threw down cards with Captain America on them. They were covered in his uncle's blood. "We're dead in the air. No communications, no cube, I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. We had that coming. Yes, we were going to build an arsenal, with the tesseract and Stiles. I never put my chips on that number because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Mr. Stark and Stiles knows this, called the Avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles, we never could. Phil Coulson died, still believing that idea, in heroes."

Tony got up and walked out of the room. Steve following.

"He didn't have those in his pocket. He always kept them in his locker so they wouldn't get damaged." Stiles spoke in a broken voice.

"Yeah, well, they needed a push." Fury said. Stiles got up and followed Tony and Steve. Stiles found them in the room Loki was kept in. Minus the cage.

"Was he married?" Steve spoke up.

"No," Tony answered.

"There was uh cellist, I think," Stiles said.

"Sorry," Steve said. "You seem mad," Steve told Tony.

"He was an idiot," Tony said, sharply.

"Excuse me?" Stiles said, getting angry. Which was good because he was no longer numb.

"Why? For believing?" Steve asked.

"For talking to Loki alone," Tony said.

"He wasn't alone. I just didn't do my job." Stiles said, feeling tears glistening his eyes.

"He was doing his job and Stiles you were doing your job. You didn't do anything wrong." Steve comforted.

"He should've waited!" Tony scoffed.

"For what? A green light from one of you?" Stiles seethed. "In case you don't remember, you were a little busy, fixing. The. ENGINE!"

"Sometimes there isn't a way out," Steve said.

"Right." Tony scoffed at Steve. They were walking towards each other.

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?" Steve asked. Tony quickly turned around.

"We are not soldiers!" Tony corrected. "I'm not marching to Fury's fife."

"Neither am I." Steve agreed.

"He's got the same blood on his hands, that Loki does but right now we have to put that behind us and get this done." Tony said.

"Now, Loki needs a power source. If we can put together a list." Steve started.

"He made it personal," Stiles said, looking where his unlce's blood stained the wall.

"That's not the point," Steve told

"That is the point." Tony agreed. "That's Loki's point. He hit us all, right where we live. Why?"

"To tear us apart," Stiles said.

"Yeah, divide and conquer is great but he knows he has to take us out to win, right?" Tony said, "That's what he wants."

"He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it." Stiles realized. "He wants an audience."

"Right. Stiles and I cut his act in Stuttgard." Steve said.

"Yeah, but that's just the previews. This is opening night and Loki he's a full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants a parade. He wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered... son of a bitch." Tony realized something.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Stark Towers," Stiles said. "He's going to Stark Towers."

Stiles walked over to where Natasha told him she would be. He walked in and saw Nat.

"Let's go." Stiles said.

"Go where?" Natasha asked.

"I'll tell you on the way but the main point, we are going to kick Loki's ass." Stiles smiled. "Can you fly one of those jets?"

"I can." A door opened, revealing Clint.

"Clint!" Stiles ran to hug him.

"Hey, kid!" Clint smiled.

"Hey," Steve said, from the doorway. "Suit up." Stiles left the room and started to grab his tack tackle clothing.

Oh, no you don't. Look down.

Stiles looked down to see different clothing. He was wearing a loss, black one-piece suit. It had strips of blue, green, and purple that ran down the suit. The lines of color seemed to glow. He wore black converse but they had the same three colors, on them. (Basically Natasha's suit but a dude version. And instead of only blue lights there are green, blue, and puple.)

No mask?

No mask. It would get in the way.

Hey. I still don't have a name for you.

Oh no. How awful.

Come on! If your gonna be in my head forever, I'm gonna need to call you something.

"Stiles!" Steve yelled. "Let's go!" 

"Okay!" Stiles ran over to where his team was huddled. 

"Clint, Natasha, and I will be going in the jet. Stark and Stiles will go meet Loki in the tower, Banner and Thor are MIA and we don't know if they will be there. So, we're on our own." Steve said. 

"Race ya, kid," Tony asked. 

"Bring it on." Stiles smiled. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The battle of New York will be the next chapter!!! 

I can't believe I'm already almost done with this book! It's been less than two weeks and I'm almost done. That's crazy! I hope you are enjoying this book as much as I am. 

What do you want the nogistune to be called?

What should Stiles be called? 

Thanks for reading, commenting, voting, and following!