Battle of NY Part 5 (20)

Thor helped Stiles up, while Steve helped Tony. They walked to a destroyed Stark tower and into the elevator. The Avengers stood around an unconscious Loki for a few minutes.

"Okay. I'm gonna be in the front." Clint said. "Nat, you hold the spear. Stiles! Tony! You two can be in the front. Hulk, you be in the back."

"Why are you positioning us?" Stiles asked, as he was grabbed by Clint.

"So, when Loki wakes up, we look badass." Clint smiled.

"Wow." Tony said. They got into their positions and waited. And waited more. And then some more.

"Who hit him so hard?" Tony asked.

"Hulk." Steve chuckled. They waited longer. They had been sitting in their positions for over twenty minutes and Loki still hadn't moved.

"So." Stiles dragged out the word. "Are we just gonna stand here until he wakes up or can Tony and I go get shwarma?" As soon as Stiles said that Loki moved. Loki turned and faced the Avengers.

"If it's all the same to you. I'll have that drink now." Loki smirked. Tony and Stiles were too tired to try and fight their own smirk.

Tony and Stiles dragged their team to the Shwarma shop. They all sat at a table and ate everything the shop had.

A few hours after the battle of New York, the news went crazy. The reporters were asking people what they saw. Some said, "thank you, Avengers!" Others didn't believe what they had witnessed and said "Superheroes in New York? Give me a break." The man Stiles' saved was on the news and like Stiles asked, the man gave him a name.

"There was a young man, who saved me and my family." The man said. "If you're watching this, mischief , I want to thank you."

Mischief?

Mischief and Foxy. I like it.

Later that day, the Avengers gathered in the middle of New York. Loki was in chains and had a face mask covering his mouth. Stiles thought it was a little medieval-ish but shook it off. Clint was wearing dark sunglasses, not showing his eyes, and he stood right in front of Loki.

Nat whispered in Clint's ear and Stiles used his enhanced hearing to hear.

"Smirk to make him feel self-conscious," Nat told. Clint did just that.

Stiles walked passed the two saying "Such teenagers. Trying to cause unnecessary drama. Shame on you." Nat smirked but Clint looked confused.

The Avengers watched as Thor held out a device, surrounding the tesseract. Thor held one side while Loki held the other. Stiles watched as Loki and Thor turned the handle and a blue light surrounded them. Stiles felt his chest tighten. HIs breathes became irregular. Blue surrounded him and next thing he knew, he was in a room made of gold.

In an unknown location, Fury was talking to a group of strangers.

"Where are the Avengers?" A man with an accent said.

"I'm not currently tracking their whereabouts." Fury crossed his arms. "I'd say they earned a leave of absence."

"And the tesseract? The boy?" A woman said.

"The Tesseract and Stiles " Fury corrected her. "are where they both belong, out of our reach."

"That's not your call." Another man spoke.

"I didn't make it." Fury said, smugly. "I just didn't argue with the god that did."

"So, you let him take it, the boy, and the war criminal, Loki, that should be answering for his crime." A man said.

"Oh, I think he will be." Fury said.

"I don't think you know what you started. Letting the Avengers loss on this world." An English woman said. "They're dangerous."

"They surely are." Fury agreed. "And the whole world knows it. Every world knows it."

"Is that the point of all this?" A man asked. "A statement."

"A promise." Fury said. With that, he turned off the screens and walked away.

"So how does this work?" Agent Hill asked. "They've gone their separate ways. Pretty extremely far. If we get into a situation like this again. What happens then?"

"They'll come back." Fury said, confidently.

"You really sure about that?" Hill asked.

"I am." Fury said.

"Why?" Hill pressed.

"Because we'll need them to." Fury said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE DID IT!!!!! WE FINISHED!!!!!!! GO US!!!

I want to thank everyone who has read this book, commented, and voted.

There will be a sequel!!! I haven't started it but I will let you all know when it is up!!