Chapter 5

Once they get into the house their clothes are off within what feels like seconds and their hands are all over one another. Somehow, they find their way to the bed and collapse onto it, a tangle of limbs and matching heartbeats, feverish in their need for each other.

"Do you want to do this?" Kurt asks breathlessly a few seconds later, when it seems obvious to both of them what the next step is.

"Yes" Lily responds in a throaty whisper. They both make eye contact for a moment, for the first time since they got to the apartment pausing to really see each other, to connect.

They make love gently, the passion still there but the tenderness and attention to one another show that these aren't two people just interested in a one night stand. To the complete surprise of both involved, they seemed to be falling in love after only a few weeks of knowing one another.

They finish together, a miracle for their first time, and collapse into one another. They stay up for hours afterwards, talking about everything and nothing: opinions on art and music, bad jobs, they even skimmed the surface of both of the dysfunction in their lives.

"I feel so comfortable telling you stuff" Kurt says after describing to her the year he lived with a born-again Christian family in Aberdeen.

"I feel comfortable hearing it" Lily says, leaning in and kissing his cheek, "I love hearing about your life, about what makes you the person I know now"

"I know but I can't believe I actually want to tell you all this personal information. Most of the time I feel like people have to beat it out of me" He says and she laughs.

"I wonder why that is?" She muses, snuggling into the crook of his arm.

"Don't worry you still beat me up in other ways. The amount I like you after such a short period pretty much punches me in the face every time I think about it" He says in a half joking/half genuine tone.

"I'm glad I'm not alone in that feeling" Lily whispers.

Eventually they both fell asleep in each other's arms. The next morning Kurt woke up to the feeling of Lily stroking the top of his head, "Morning" He mumbles.

"Good morning" Lily replies softly.

"Your hair looks so beautiful in the light" She observes in a whisper, brushing it out of his face gently, "Its so soft"

He doesn't open his eyes but he does lean into her touch, nuzzling his cheek against her palm. She smiles down at him lovingly; even the smallest signs of affection in Kurt made her melt immediately.

The morning sun was coming through through the open window above Kurt's bed and was shining down directly onto him, the gold of his hair giving the effect that he was glowing.

"Did you have fun last night?" He murmurs, still not opening his eyes.

"Mhmm," Lily answers, continuing to run her fingers through his hair, "I did, your friends are really great. I honestly had a ton of fun"

"Good" He says in a sleepy tone, opening his eyes slightly and wincing at the bright sunlight, "Its too early, I don't think I've been up this early in years" He whines and Lily laughs.

"Go back to sleep" She giggles, kissing him on the cheek before getting up and heading towards the bathroom. She pulls off the t-shirt of Kurt's she had slept in the night before and gets in the shower.

When she looks for shampoo a few seconds later she's shocked to see a bottle of women's shampoo. She laughs for a minute and then shrugs it off, realizing it must be the reason why she had noticed how beautiful his hair was earlier that morning.