Chapter 28

Sorry for the later than usual upload, it's been a really busy few days! Also, I wanted to thank everyone who has been so kind and supportive after all the drama that's been affecting us Kurt writers lately. You all are the best readers in the world and I'm so lucky to have y'all in my corner :)

Kurt rolls his eyes as he reaches for the ringing phone, hoping that it wasn't one of their managers announcing that they had another interview.

It had been about 12 hours since Lily had left and 3 hours since the gig had ended. Right now he was sitting around a hotel room drinking with a few people to distract himself from the fact that the one person he wanted to be with was across the country.

"Hello...?" He chuckles into the phone, still laughing at something Dave had just said.

"Hey, Kurt, is that you?" Lily asks.

"Yeah, who—whom is this?" He asks with a slightly drunken slur.

"Its me" She replies quietly and once he realizes who it is he immediately perks up.

"Oh shit Lil, how are things there?" He asks but before she can answer Lilys hears someone yell in the background on his end.

"Who is that? The prissy little girlfriend?" The voice says in a sarcastic, high-pitched tone. Lily hears Kurt and some others shush whoever was speaking

"Who was that?" Lily asks, trying to keep calm, "Are you drunk?"

"Its just..." Kurt begins and she can tell he stumbling for words, "She's—"

"Its Courtney fucking Love" Courtney yells and Lily immediately recognizes her voice.

She's too shocked to say anything back, especially when she hears the ruckus on the other side of the line. There's swearing and name calling and seemingly a wrestling match to get back hold of the phone.

"Lily, are you still there?" Asks Kurt, slightly breathlessly.

"Yeah I am but what the hell is going on?" She asks, feeling herself close to tears once again, "Why are you with her?" She adds in a strained whisper.

"We were just hanging out after the show, she's friends with friends of Dave's" He says weakly, "But how's your dad—"

"Is this what happens when I leave? Do you just get drunk in your hotel room with girls who you know want to sleep with you?" She asks and she can tell Kurt is uncomfortable but she doesn't really care, "Is this what happens when I fly across the country visit my father in the hospital?"

"Lily please..." He attempts but she cuts in, clearly crying now.

"Fuck you Kurt" She hisses and he feels his heart sink, "Maybe if you say you want to be a member of my family you should start acting like it."

She slams down the phone and when Kurt hears the dial tone he throws the phone at the ground.

"God dammit" He yells, "Everyone get the fuck out of my room, everyone out"

Everyone files out of the room, not making eye contact the entire time.

"Fuck" He yells, hurling the tray of room service Courtney and her friends had ordered across the room. He couldn't get the image out of his head of Lily crying in the hospital, scared and alone and hurt.

Back at the hospital in Aberdeen Lily was trying to collect herself and not think about Kurt or what he could be doing in Chicago.

Eventually she pulls herself together enough to go back into the waiting room where her family was.