Chapter 35

I can't believe I'm posting this chapter! I know this sounds odd but this is one of the chapters I wrote first when I began writing this story over a year ago (yikes!) A lot of times when I first start a new fic I'll write a chapter that takes place far along in the story so I can build on the personality I see for characters at that point and better understand the story I want to tell...that's just my writing style...so even when I was writing this I knew it would be towards the end of the end of the story. Now I've had this in file for so long, it's crazy to me that it's actually being published! 

I can't believe we're so far along in Kurt and Lily's story (ah!) Thank you all for your continuous support it means so much !! Love you all more than you know!!

"Baby wake up, we've gotta go down to the coffee shop, you have that interview" Lily whispers and Kurt grumbles but gets up, throwing on a t-shirt and a blue sweater.

Lily is already dressed in a pair of ripped jeans and one of Dave's old shirts advertising a Scream tour in 1988, a relic from when they used to live together.

Kurt rolls his eyes at the sight of her shirt but doesn't say anything direct, instead handing her one of his sweaters and muttering, "Its cold out, you'll need this"

They make their way over to the restaurant, still about an hour late and Kurt immediately apologizes to the reporter as Lily orders herself a coffee. The reporter introduces himself to both of them and then jumps right into the interview, asking Kurt about his lyrics to the bigger hits on Nevermind.

"Has Kurt ever written any songs about you?" The reporter asks and Lily shrugs.

"Kurt is such a talented poet, his songs are rarely just about one thing" She answers coyly, knowing it wasn't her place to reveal anything about Kurt's songs.

"She's the inspiration for a lot of songs though, basically if you think any line might be right out of a love song its probably about Lily." Kurt says and she leans into his shoulder.

"Any specifics?" The reporter follows up.

"Drain You is on the new record, that's about her" Kurt offers.

"Which lines?"

"Basically the whole song" Kurt replies, wrapping his arm around Lily.

"Lets start with the first line?" The reporter asks again referring to the line, One baby to another says I'm lucky to met you.

"I was so naïve when we met, I was a baby—we were both babies. But we were so lucky to have each other. I don't know where I'd be without him." Lily whispers her explanation, obviously nervous about publicly giving an interpretation of Kurt's writing.

"I'm so lucky I met Lily too...way luckier than she was because I get her and she's stuck with me" Kurt says, giving Lily a soft smile as she rolls her eyes at him, "She's the only reason I'm still sane. She's a reminder of Washington that I get to take everywhere. Plus everyone in our crew loves her—I doubt they'd even like me if I wasn't the reason Lily was around" He adds.

Lily blushes; she hated being the center of attention, especially when it came to the media. She didn't want to become a spectacle or anything that would take the attention away from the music or the band.

Kurt runs through a few more questions with the reporter about the process of making the record and how the tour was going—the normal stuff. Until the subject switches back to Lily.

"So now that we know the band's plans for the future what about you guys?" The reporter asks and both Lily and Kurt seem taken aback.

"Us two?" She asks incredulously and the reporter nods.