Chapter 6

Lily watches the clock intently as she leans on the counter of the diner, counting down the minutes until Kurt was supposed to arrive to pick her up.

"Baby you have been watching that clock every day for over a month, I swear" Ruth says and Lily laughs in spite of herself. It was true, it had been about a month since her and Kurt had become 'official' that morning at his house and they'd hung out practically everyday since then.

"I'm sorry Ruthie, I know I must've been annoying lately" Lily says apologetically and Ruth waves off her concern.

"Nonsense, you're young you're supposed to be like this" She teases, "What are you two up to tonight?" She asks and Lily grins widely.

"We're going to a bonfire at his friend's house. He's got a place out in the woods, sort of near the river." She explains, obviously excited for the night's events.

"Have you met his friends before?" Asks Ruth curiously.

"A few times, but never all together, just seeing them all at parties and stuff. This is my first time at a gathering that's like all of his friends instead of just a few here and there." Lily explains, smoothing down the clothes she'd changed into for the occasion.

"They'll love you angel, everyone does" Calls out one of the diner's other waitresses and Lily smiles.

"Thanks Donna" Lily says with a grin and just then she hears the familiar honk of Kurt's car in the parking lot. She rushes out as fast as she could, a sight that was becoming more and more common for regular restaurant patrons.

When she gets outside she sees Kurt is leaning against the front of the car, smoking a cigarette as he waited for her. She throws her arms around him immediately, not caring that everyone inside the restaurant is watching them.

"Hi" She murmurs into his shoulder, still keeping her arms around him and she feels him laugh.

"Hello to you too" He says in between drags of his cigarette. Lily takes the cigarette of his hand and he smirks at her as she wordlessly claims it as her own.

"Are we going straight to Dylan's?" She asks and Kurt nods.

"If that's ok with you?" He prompts and she nods, she was nervous to meet his friends but more so she was excited. She loved the people Kurt surrounded himself with, she wanted more of them in her life.

Once they get to Dylan's house its already crawling with people, at least by Aberdeen standards; there were probably half a dozen cars in the driveway.  However, the property certainly was the perfect place for it. Dylan's house was right on the edge of town and Kurt had told her he had more than an acre all to himself. 

They go inside and immediately find Dylan in the kitchen passing out beers, "Hey Kurt" He calls when he sees them approaching.

"Hi man" Kurt replies, before motioning to Lily, "This is Lily by the way, my girlfriend" He says and Lily feels herself blush.

Though her and Kurt both knew they were in an exclusive relationship and were "boyfriend and girlfriend" she hadn't heard him refer to her as his girlfriend out loud before.

"Hi its so nice to meet you finally, Kurt talks about you all the time" Lily says and Dylan laughs.

"If you think he talks about me all the time you should hear the way he talks about you. Lily, you may have a stalker—or should I say: Lily Mae Hopper, Weatherwax High class of 1989, employee of the Cozy Corner diner, daughter of Tim and Katherine, sister of April and Teddy, a scorpio, need I go on?" He says, shoving Kurt teasingly. Lily laughs but she can tell Kurt is embarrassed by Dylan's exposing him.