Chapter 34

Hi everyone! I just wanted to write a little note to let you guys know that I appreciate you all and all of your kind words so much ❤️ Having readers who are engaged and genuinely care about the story is the best gift and I am so grateful that I got lucky enough to have you all in my corner ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart for being the best !!!!

"Wow Kurt, quite the hairdo you have" Says Nirvana's manager while they walk into the backstage area of the Los Angeles Sports arena.

"Thanks John I like it too" Kurt says, referring to his hair that he had recently dyed red with Kool-Aid.

"Holy shit, this place is so big" Lily whispers to Kurt as they wander through the wide and expansive tunnel. Kurt nods and she squeezes his hand, she could tell he was slightly overwhelmed.

"When are you dying your hair Lil?" Krist asks sarcastically.

"I think for that to happen Kurt will have to do it in my sleep" She replies as they make their way into the dressing room, "My favorite flavor is blue raspberry by the way" She adds with a wink.

Kurt laughs and pulls her down next to him on the couch.

"Alright guys, so unfortunately we have quite a busy schedule today" John says, looking down at a clipboard, "You guys have interviews scheduled before and after you perform—"

"How many of us does it have to be?" Asks Dave, knowing full well the drummer wasn't often the person the journalists wanted to talk to and hoping he could get out of it.

"For the first one its all three of you" He says and they all groan, they were so sick of interviews at this point that the thought of another made everyone's mood sour.

"It'll be fine you whiners" Lily teases, sticking her tongue out at them and Dave pretends to wrestle her to the ground.

"Ah, ah! Dave that tickles!" She squeals, laughing so hard she can't breathe. He throws her over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes as Krist and Shelli egg them on, Kurt sits stoically, and John tries to recapture their attention.

"Lil what the fuck! Biting is not allowed" Dave yelps and she winks at Kurt and Krist over his shoulder, "Here man she's all yours" Dave says, placing Lily on Kurt's lap.

Kurt wraps his arms around Lily's waist to steady her and she leans into his chest, still out of breath from playfighting with Dave.

A second later the door opens and a woman holding her own clipboard walks in, "Alright guys we're going to need to get you going for that ABC interview now, do you all feel camera ready?"

During the rest of the time leading up to the band's set it seemed as though everyone wanted a piece of them, not just journalists. If Kurt hadn't been sticking to Lily's side as though his life depended on it, he might've lost her in the throngs of people trying to get his attention.

From bands they'd met once or twice, to label execs, to random celebrities who had gotten tickets through their agents...everyone wanted to talk to the Seattle grunge stars whose video they were seeing over and over again every time they turned on MTV.

Beyond that, this show was one of the first shows at an arena Nirvana had ever done and the atmosphere was intimidating and uncomfortable for the band; Lily could tell it put everyone on edge slightly, though they didn't really show it.

When it came time for the show to begin a handler walked Kurt to the stage, something he definitely wasn't used to in the clubs and theaters they normally played at. Lily followed a few paces behind them, feeling silly as she did so. She only stayed at the side stage for a few songs, too uncomfortable with the dynamic to be there very long.