Chapter 20 (Part 2)

Hey guys! I got antsy and decided to post a day early to give you all part 2 of chapter twenty!! I will hopefully also be posting another chapter on Wednesday as well!!! Hope you guys enjoy and I love you all!

The drive over to the show is tumultuous and terrifying—or at least it would've been if all the occupants weren't drunk and high themselves. Lily was too distracted and upset to even notice how bad it was for an obviously intoxicated Krist to be behind the wheel.

Once they get to the venue Butch and Shelli corner Krist to take his keys and Lily goes straight to the bathroom just to be able to breathe for a minute.

She goes into the tile lined room, leans against the sink and spends the next thirty seconds or so trying to figure out just how much alcohol was in her system and whether or not she was actually mad at Kurt.

She was still worried about Kurt taking pills but she had overreacted; what he had taken wasn't heroin, it wasn't what had made him mean and rude and destructive toward their relationship. He had been affectionate and sweet while on the pills.

Lily took a deep breath and decided she needed to get over it; Kurt was an adult, and he wasn't explicitly doing what she'd asked him not to. He had honored her wishes and hadn't done heroin in weeks, even though she knew his stomach was still giving him trouble.

She walks back out to the venue, with every intention of finding Kurt and apologizing so they could enjoy one of their favorite bands together. However, before she can even get back into the main room, she sees Kurt and Courtney sitting on a bench in the lobby, whispering to one another and sharing a cigarette.

Kurt looks up for a moment and they make eye contact, but neither says anything. Instead Lily just takes another deep breath and makes her way into the concert.

"Hey" She yells over the band when she sees Dave. He was standing alone against the back wall, his face expressionless.

"Hi" He replies with a semi-forced smile once he sees her.

"Where's Jennifer?" Lily asks, peering around him to see if she was on his other side.

"She went backstage, I guess she knows the bassist or something" He answers.

"And you didn't go with her?"

"She didn't tell me she was going" He says quietly, looking down at his shoes.

"I'm sorry" She says sympathetically.

They stand in silence for a few minutes, both pretending to be interested in the music before Lily calls out their apathy,

"I really don't want to be here for this, do you?" She says and Dave smiles genuinely for the first time since they'd gotten to the show.

He shakes his head and replies, "You wanna go have a cigarette outside, in the fresh air?"

"I shouldn't" Lily says, also smirking, "But you're so pitiful I guess I will. Can I bum one?" She teases. Dave rolls his eyes.

They walk out together, arm in arm, guiding each other to the door. Lily sees that Kurt and Courtney are still sitting in the lobby, sharing a second cigarette and laughing about something. She feels her stomach churn and walks faster, practically dragging Dave outside.

"What was that about?" Dave asks as he pulls out his pack of cigarettes.

"Kurt and Jennifer's friend Courtney are in there—she's had her eyes on him practically all night, I feel like he hasn't had a second alone" Lily sneers.