The Day Prior

Faith hurried to Josephs compound. Her dream last night revealed a panther, it was protecting the lamb. It was like that suddenly until her dream changed and showed the panther leading Joseph to the lamb, and not attacking him when he approached the lamb. He needed to hear about this. When her vehicle stopped she rushed through the church doors, Joseph merely turned to see who it was.
"My dear Faith, what has you so frantic this morning?" He took her face in his hands and she instantly calmed.
"Father! I had a vision last night of a panther that came from the hill to protect the lamb. But it did not try to lead it, merely protect it! Does this mean another will be coming?"
Joseph smiled at this. Another wayward soul, one who does not wish to taint the lamb, will be brought to home, God has tasked him to save this panther. "Yes Faith, you have brought to me the final piece of the vision, this panther, tell me what else it did." She slowly shook her head.
"It came from the hill, and lashed out at all who came near the lamb. Save for a black dog, a cobra, a white horse, and a hummingbird. It seemed to protect them all, it even snarled when you came close Father!" Joseph only nodded. This soul she speaks of is loyal to himself and those he protects, but deep down, it wants to be saved. In her dream it merely snarled at Joseph, it did not attack him.
"Tell me Faith, what did this Panther look like." She shook her head and frowned. Sadness filled her eyes suddenly.
"Its black fur was matted, it body scarred, and its eyes, the pain they held, the poor thing looked lost. It looked so in pain, like it wanted to quit, just walk away from everything. But then the most wonderful thing happened to it! I found it, hurt and alone! I took it in and its black fur became a beautiful white as it calmed! And then it led you to the lamb, protecting you and the lamb as sinners attacked! Oh Father it was a most wonderful moment!" He smiled at her enthusiasm. This lost soul, they must be the key to saving the lamb. They must be saved at all cost. Only then, can Joseph save the lamb.
"Thank you Faith, I'm grateful you brought me this information this morning." After Joseph said that he sent Faith on her way and began to think about what she had told him. God has given him the key to the lamb's survival and faith, in the form of a panther. He contacted Nancy when he knew she would be on lunch break. She informed him that the Sheriff had enlisted the help of a former soldier turned park ranger. Luke Wilmette. The story of the young man was a sad one, and Joseph felt for him.
"Father, from what the Sheriff has told me, Luke has had a tough life. His mother apparently died at birth. He never knew a mothers love his whole life. When he was younger him and his father were extremely close. When he went away for the army, his father took it to heart and thought his son abandoned him. Their reunion ended in a fight between the two. After that he never spoke to his father again. He settled down just after that and married a woman named Samantha, a year later they had two daughters. It looked like things were going good for him, until his home was robbed when he was at work, poor Luke. The man raped his wife and daughters and then killed them."
Joseph wept for the poor man, for he knew what it felt like to have it all taken away as God tests you. From what he can understand. Luke had passed his, he became more entrenched in his work, and for the first time in his life, he went to church, even if it was only once. Joseph would restore any fate he once had.
"Thank you child." As he hung up the phone, he knew how crucial the panther now was. Luke was like a younger Joseph, one that felt abandoned by God. He would help him. The he, Joseph, and the Lamb, would all, march into Eden's gate. As he waited for the next day, he stared at the only hill near the compound. 

'A panther that came from the hill to protect the lamb.'