The Father's Testimate (Second Capture) 2/2

Joseph sat alone in the church, his sermon would begin soon, but he was praying. Luke, John, and Faith had been rather distant since Andria was captured by Luke again. He was rather happy that she had begun her atonement, but was worried that his herald's we're beginning to lose faith.

Joseph prayed, prayed for guidance on how to reinforce their faith. The church doors opened, and the voices of John and Luke wafted through the air. Joseph did not pay attention to their talk, as he listened for the voice to answer his prayers. Soon enough the murmurs of his flock could be heard outside. 

Luke and John stood by waiting patiently, Faith was nowhere to be seen. Had she abandoned the project cookout? What of tonight's family dinner? Joseph slowly stood, before grabbing each of their faces, and pressing his forehead against theirs.

"Do not lose sight of your path. You may lead yourself to damnation if you do." John shook his head, while Luke answered back, sharing a concerned look with John.

"I understand."

Joseph turned and approached the door, before looking back to the two. Last night Joseph had a vision. John, Luke, and Faith strayed from the path, and they died by the Deputy's hand because of it.

But his attention was pulled back towards the outside. It had grown deathly quiet. That usually only happened when he threw open the church doors. Slowly, he opened the doors, and the sight before him shocked him.

Andria stood there next to Faith at the front of the congregation. The calm smile that adorned her face paired with the light green haze of her eyes proved she was under the effects of the bliss. Her hair was left flowing down her back, and her dress was similar to Faith's own, but unlike her, Andria had light yellow slippers on her feet.

"Hello Joseph." Andria's voice vas smooth, no hatred or malice was present. However, Joseph knew that Andria had built up at least somewhat of an immunity, some of her actions would still be of her own accord. Had she decided on this willingly?

He slowly took her hand and led her inside. Happily, she followed. Quiet whispers passed through his flock as they filed in. Joseph sat Andria down next to Lily in the front pew, and slowly raised his hands above himself.

"My children, today God has blessed us. The lamb is here to hear the word of God. She has come, not bearing arms, but with arms outstretched, holding no ill intent." Slowly he looked down, scanning the faces of those present. Some were wearily watching her, while others were focused on the Father, and his heralds behind him.

"We will show her kindness, and love, and faith. We will help her see what she has been blinded from. Help her see what will come to pass, what she is destined to do." Slowly he walked forward. Sparing glances towards Rook, only to see he had her full attention. And just as Luke had during his time of recovery here, she listened.

Her eyes seemed to search his own through the yellow tint, the few whispers that passed through the crowd were silenced when Luke cleared his throat in a silent threat.

"We have all come here in search of salvation, of family, and of home. Now, we will show the lamb those same values. We will welcome her into our family just as we have you, Just as we have Luke. She has not come to fight, but to understand. In a sign of good faith, we will lay down our weapons, and teach. We will show her what we seek to accomplish." Lily took Andria's hand in her own and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

~~~~~~~~~~

Joseph stood outside of the church, watching as his children mingled. Luke had suggested a project cookout, as a way to relieve everyone of stress, and to strengthen their bonds. Currently, the aforementioned young man was helping to pass out food. John was making sure everything else was running as it should. Faith was singing to the few children that were present.

But Joseph was watching Andria more than he was his heralds. She was sitting on a bench alone, watching everyone else enjoy themselves. A smile graced her lips, but even from his spot, he could tell it was a lonely smile. He wondered why Lily was not speaking to her, until he spotted her helping Luke. 

Slowly Joseph made his way over. Taking a seat next to her, he quietly waited for her to talk.

"I understand why you do it, I really do. You believe in something, and you act on it." He listened as he waited for her to continue, his gaze focused ahead, but not at any particular thing.

"But I have people who depend on me Joseph, and I can't just leave them. No matter how right you may be. They need me, just as your flock needs you." She looked over at him, her eyes were clear, free of the effects of the bliss.

"They will understand, if you were to lay down down your arms. Not every problem can be answered with a bullet. You have fought long enough Deputy, we mean no harm." His eyes returned to watching his flock. 

Suddenly the all to familiar tune of one of the cult's songs started being sung, her eyes shifted to the approaching form of John, of course he would approach her when they started singing 'Oh John'. 

"Well my dear Rook, may I have the honor of this dance?" His eyes looked hopeful, as he outstretched his hand.

Sparing a glance towards Joseph, and was met with expecting eyes. "Yes John, you can."

John's eyes lit up with a childish glee as he pulled her to the center of everyone. Of course he was going to make a show of it, why had she expected anything else? Slowly he began swinging her around, and that's how the rest of the gathering went. Eventually, Luke and Lily also began dancing, but that was later. 

Once everyone left. The Seeds began to clean up. Surprisingly there wasn't that big of a mess left, considering how many people were there.  Andria, feeling uncomfortable watching the five of them and the few remaining followers clean up, decided to help. Catching the five of them off guard, she walked up to Joseph to ask what she could do to help.

"Well, I would like if you were to help me pick up the trash." Without responding, she began on her task. Not an hour later they were finished, and Joseph led her to a small path that led to a lake. Could She really go through with this?