Betrayal?

When Rook began to wake, she was unbound in a moving vehicle. As she laid there on the floor, she noticed the two Wardens above her. They seemes to be talking, but she couldn't understand what. Feeling towards her boot, she found a hunting knife she had stored there.

In one swift movement, she leapt to her feet and sliced the neck of a young woman. The man behind her tried to restrain her, but her knife met his eye socket, effectively killing him. The vehicle stopped and she heard the two doors to the cabin open up.

Panicked voices rounded the outside of the vehicle, and the doors swung open. Andria lept at the two warden. Scared and caught off guard the fell the the ground and Rook took off into the forest, heading in the direction of the Jail.

~Hope County Jail~

Sheriff Whitehorse was currently on the wall overlooking the perimeter. Earlier that night word got out that Luke's wardens had captured Rook. What's worse is they have yet to find Luke's main base.

The Resistance in Holland Valley haven't had any luck on their part either. The scary thing is that Luke and his Wardens are knocking on the doors of Fall's End and the Jail. The sounds of shoutings drew his attention to the other wall, and he rushed over.

Down on her knees catching her breath, Rook sat in front of the wall, all guns trained on her.

"Hold your fire! I said hold your fire! She's one of us!" Whitehorse rushed down and practically dragged her back inside.

"Rook, what the hell happened?" Swiping the bottle he handed her, she greedily chugged it, large splashes falling out of the corner of her mouth.

"I... I attacked that Warden camp to the North, but was captured. Luke's one of them Sheriff. I, I think they took me to the main base, there were trees everywhere." She returned to chugging what remained of her water.

The Sheriff rubbed her back as she caught her breath. "I think he's up in the Whitetails, probably close to the compound. The truck I was in was also heading South." Whitehorse stared at her in confusion.

"That doesn't make any sense, they haven't pushed into the Whitetails yet, and Eli and his militia hasn't seen any Warden activity either." Andria shook her head as she climbed to her feet.

"Think about it, its the perfect cover. You wouldn't think of looking for them in a place you believe they're avoiding right." Just then her radio went off with the sound of Dutch's Voice asking if she was there.

"Go ahead Dutch."

"Hey kid, I just picked up peggie chatter. Apparently while Luke will be attending Joseph's sermon tomorrow, his truck will be taken into that auto place they took back in Holland. Eli said it was a symbol for the Militia right?"

"That would be right Dutch, Luke's truck has arguably become a symbol for the Whitetails, which is why we're gonna take it back."

"Well it looks like we're on the same page then. Give a call up to Eli when your ready, he said he wants to see it safely returned. Stay safe kid. Dutch out."

"Copy that Dutch, Rook out." With that she switched her focus as Earl's voice became background noise. No doubt this will piss Luke off, bit the faster she can drag him out, the faster she can finish up Faith, the Henbane's Herald has come to her twice already, but Luke was definitely far more dangerous. She imagined the final showdown between the two would lead to bloodshed, but she just didn't know if she could kill him.

"Eli, you there?" There was a few seconds of silence before he came back through.

"I'm here Dep, how can I help you." Eli sounded tired.

"Hey Eli, I was gonna go take back Luke's truck, figured you might want to know. Luke won't be there, so we'll be grabbing it from US Auto in Holland Valley." There were sounds of shuffling paper on his end, as well as some shouts.

"Hold on Dep, when will this be happening?"

"Oh, uh tomorrow, why?"

"Dammit, I was you'd say that. I wont be able to bring many people, we're short on people as it is, Michael said he saw a Warden on the border this morning." She knew that everyone would probably be worried about the arrival of the Wardens. They were much harder to take down than normal peggies.

"That's fine Eli, all I wanted to do was tell you. If your in be at the Jail before 8 tomorrow morning." With that, the fight against Luke had begun.  They had to end this fast before he ended them.

Luke had to be stopped.