Have Faith (Henbane River Finale)

Rook stopped her bike and stepped off. Faith would be coming for her soon. She was sure of that. As the sun dipped below the the Whitetail Mountains. She sat on the moist grass, watching as the fog began to rise, and the all to familiar sparkles of bliss fille her vision. She stood and waited, as her world was swallowed by smoke.

"Welcome to the bliss." Her disembodied voice flowed through Andrea's brain, as the Herald appeared in her view, blowing more of the drug into her face.

When Andria's vision had cleared, she was in a field, and Faith was nowhere to be seen, but a large silhouette was in the distance, it looked male, but... He couldn't be here, she couldn't take both of them on, there was no way!

"I don't understand... Did you think you could just continue to do what you wanted without consequences?"  A butterfly flew past as she tried to speak, but nothing would come out. The figure in the distance began to circle the field, remaining out of view.

Faith entered her view and she seemed... upset to say the least.

"I have been reasonable, I have been fair. But you are just so... selfish!" She pushed her back, but turned her again to look at her.

"You forced someone to leave that didn't want to go."

They zoomed through the bliss and came to a point where Virgil, the Marshal, and Tracey were playing cards at a table. Andria just stared in confusion.

"All so you could be what? A hero?" Faith pushed her back before she walked over to the Marshal. "Do you know what hubris is? Arrogance before the gods." She caressed the Marshals shoulder before she sat on the table, obscuring Tracey from Rook's view.

"The greeks saw it as a dangerous form of pride that invoked the goddess Nemesis, who would seek retribution."

Virgil began to speak up at that moment. "I win this hand, you have to wear a button, whaddya say?" The Marshal calmly laid down his hand, revealing that he had a straight flush. Tracey sighed and stood, returning herself to Andria's  view. Faith walked over to Burke again, before speaking.

"If violence is the only language that you choose to speak, I'll speak your language." Her hand moved down Marshal Burkes' arm, and she spoke, the Marshal's voice echoing what she says,

"And when their blood is on your hands,"

Virgil and Tracey looked at him questioningly as he grabbed his pistol.

"We'll see how heroic you feel."

"What are you doing!?" Virgil yelled, before Tracey tackled him and the gun went off. Andria leapt forward but was held back by some unknown force.

"I'm sorry to have to do this,"

"I wanted there to be another way."

She pushed the Marshal away and he walked to the control console,

"But you made your choice."

Screams erupted from the jail as the cells and main gate were opened.

The Marshal then turned to Andria, before speaking, but she didn't hear him. The loud thrumming of her heart swallowed all over her hearing as she watched the Marshal kill himself. Finally she could move, but all too soon was she pulled out of her dreamlike state.