John's Return

~One Week Later~

Joseph sat in silence as he prayed. John sat in the front pew. Today Joseph planned on revealing to his flock that John still lived. His morning sermon was about to begin in an hour. Many things were on the line today.  If the Resistance or the Whitetails figured out that Luke had saved him, he would be killed.

"John, today you must not let it get out that Luke saved you. If he is found out, he will be killed." John stood up and walked towards the door to let everyone in.

"Do not worry Joseph, I won't."

When the door was open all of the voices turned into gasps. John's face had his normal smug smirk as he stepped aside. A few came in and set up cameras while the others are kind of just stumbled in.  Joseph stood up and and turned, his arms are outstretched with his eyes closed.

"Today, we are here to rejoice in the well being of my brother John, who was safely returned to us." John walked to the front of the Church and smiled, Joseph on the other hand, walked into the back as he allowed John to do his sermon.

John held up a brown leather pocket book. "This, this is the book of a man who knows much pain. A man who is lost in life." Murmurs began to come from the crowd, John smiled as he heard a word pop up a few times.

"The owner, is a man by the name of Luke Wilmette. The words written in here have brought me much inspiration in my time of recovery." John flipped open the book to one of the marked pages.

"'You only experience true loss when  you lose something that you love more than yourself ' those are the words of someone who have had their family, and their life taken from them."

That certain word again was spread around the room with more people. John knew that the flock would do what he wanted, to get riled up and track down Luke.

"When I read this, the feeling of grief that I received, made me want to lent a helping hand, to help him stand up and see the light at the end of the tunnel. To give him a shoulder to cry on."

The flock present began to grow unruly, as he expected most of the followers watching did. John held up his hand, his smirk ever present as the room quieted.

"He has atoned, but those around him are once again pulling him from the path. Taking him from those who can help him and clouding his mind with sin, with their greed, and their wrath, and their lust, and trying to taint him with the sloth that he rid himself of." John paused for effect as he walked closer to the front pews.

"When i ripped the sin from his flesh, I saw it then, the clarity of atonement."

~Hope County Jail~

Whitehorse watched in distress as John preached about the writing from Luke's journal. His fears are coming to light, either they have already broken through Luke, or they were close to it. An arm placed itself on his shoulder, Whitehorse turned to see Virgil.

"Don't worry Sheriff, he seemed like a strong willed man, I'm sure he'll be just fine."

Whitehorse just shook his head as he solemnly spoke.

"He's not as tough as he use to be, and if what I think is true, they already know his past. I shouldn't have let him leave."

Tracey entered the room with slight anger on her face.

"Sheriff, you better not let that bastard back in here, I didn't like it when you brought him in here in the first place, and I definitely don't trust him now." She slammed down on the table in front of the T.V. as the sermon continued.