Cleansed of Sin

As Luke traversed Holland Valley on Lucy, the Dep Followed close behind in a large Semi, The Widowmaker. Being in front of the large vehicle made Luke nervous, the vehicle could squash him like a bug. But, luckily it was the Deputy behind the wheel, so he felt at ease. Glancing back he smiled as her dog's head hung out. The sun gave the sky a nice orange hue for whatthey were about to due

Luke instantly fell in love with Boomer. He always wanted a dog, but they never got one, as his wife was allergic. Quickly turning back around, he went off-road for a bit. They were currently on their way to the Green-Busch Fertilizer Co. to liberate it. Luke would be taking the high ground with his rifle, while the deputy took the ground.

Stopping at a place that gave him a few good vantage points, he laid down and prepared his gun. Looking through the scope, he quietly counted the Peggies in the area. Nine that he could see.

"Hey Dep, I'm counting nine of them, be careful, there might be more inside." With both vehicles parked safely out of sight, they began their silent assault. In seconds, six peggies lay scattered along the building. As Luke searched for his next target, a sudden blare of the siren caught him off guard. Without another moment wasted, the deputy came over the radio.

"Shit! They sounded the alarm, reinforcements will be headed our way, I'm gonna go disarm the alarm, you keep them off my back!" Not even a second after, the Deputy was in Luke's sight. Carefully panning throughout the area around her, he watched as she made her way to the alarm. The sound of gravel sounded the arrival of more enemies.

With a flick of his body, and a rapid series of twitches from his finger, four more bodies littered the grounds.

This went on for two more vehicles. In the middle of the second one, one had fired and a stray bullet slammed into his shoulder. As pain tore through his being, he let out a loud yell of pain.

"Hold on Luke! You get somewhere safe, they're headed your way!" The Dep's voice eas filled with worry as Luke tried to regain his bearings. White stars began to fill his vision as he tried to crawl away. He watched as a third vehicle arrived. Waiting for a moment later, everyone but the driver exited. One man began making his way up towards Luke's position.

Panic finally set in as he pulled himself to his feet. He began to stumble around. Before he could disappear into the treeline, something tackled him from behing, slamming his head into the ground. His vision blurred further from the sudden impact.

The slurred sensation of someone pulling zipties around his hands jarred his mind as he began to thrash about to escape his captors grasp. After mere moments, he was slammed into a tree by whoever had him.

"Stop moving sinner! John wants to speak to you!" Luke immediately tensed at the mere mention of his name. How did they already know who he was? How did they know where he was? How could he get away?

Question after question ran through his head. Before he knew it, he was being loaded into one of many vehicles. The sounds of gunfire surrounded him as he slammed into a meral floor, before being dragged further inside the van. He could hear the distant sound of the deputy shouting at him. With one last burst of anger, he threw his head back into whoever was slowly dragging him inside.

Not taking the time to celebrate, he jumped out and ran, stumbling every so often due to the effects of the bliss. He could hear the cultist shout behind him, but by this time all he could hear was muffles.