The Resistance

Luke slowly grabbed his pack and weapons as he woke up. Now he would leave for the Whitetails.

But even now the incessant singing continued. He hoped the small nap he took would ease it. Unfortunately, it didn't help much.

Standing up to stretch, he checked his belongings and put them on his back. His bag felt slightly heavier than it did earlier. Brushing it off as just waking up, he returned to the map from earlier. Drawing light lines and circles on it, he carefully devised a plan that, with little luck, would bring about Jacob Seed's end of terror.

So engulfed in his own little world, he didn't notice the Sheriff walked into the room until he pointed something out.

"If your gonna go up this road, I suggest doing a little bit of pre-planning, it's the shortest road that connects the F.A.N.G. Center and the Veteran's Center. It'll Be heavily guarded and patrolled." He said as he highlighted the road he spoke of. Luke shook his head before making a suggestion.

"Well, how about I take this road around to here, then cut through the woods here? Not only will i avoid that road, but I'll also have a better chance of keeping the element of surprise." Drawing a few more lines in blue to express his new plan, he looked to the Sheriff for his opinion.

Before answering, Whitehorse stood up and scratched his chin.

"Well if we're looking at the safety aspect, it'll be safer, but I'm not sure of the amount of time it might take"

"Dully-noted, now what are you really here for Sheriff, because I know it's not to help me plan my assault." He said, before looking back down at the map.

Whitehorse sighed as he prepared to answer Luke.

"Look, Luke, i know i can't talk you out of this but at least listen to me. We just got word that Rook just escaped John's bunker, i don't know how, but she did. She's probably headed over to Falls End. Could you go give her a little help?" The look in his eyes were that of a begging child. Whitehorse was up to his neck in shit already. The only break he's gotten was finding Luke, and now he may lose him again.

"Yeah, I'll head over there for a couple days and help, but after that I'm heading immediately up to Jacob's region. Three days Sheriff, that's all I'm giving." Whitehorse visually calmed. the traces of a smile tugging at his mouth.

"Thanks Luke, be safe." as he went to leave, he stopped in the doorway. "Oh hey, there's a dirt bike out front waiting for you. It's bright green, we grabbed it from some Peggies." with that he left Luke to his map.

After glancing into John's region, a bit, he determined that the first place that he wants to take back in Rye & Son's Aviation. Having access to air support at a moment's notice is a plus in any situation. Further planning would have to wait until he learned more on the situation when he got there to make any further moves safely.

On his way out, the pudgier man from earlier entered and walked up to Luke.

"I know, we haven't met yet, but, here." He said giving Luke a pin. It had a cougar on it and said Hope County Cougars on it. "Just know your always a part of the team." Luke smiled and offered his hand.

"We kind of got off on a shit-"

"Language." This caused Luke to chuckle. Here was a man that stuck to his morals. Luke liked him.

"Well, we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Luke." The other man took his and shook it.

"Virgil, pleasure to meet you. You know, the Sheriff was dead set on finding you. He said you could help a lot around here. I hope he's right. I put some extra supplies in your bag, just in case. We didn't want you to die in your fight against Jacob."