Captured

Luke wondered aimlessly through the woods. Should he just give himself up? Should he go back to Fall's End? What about the Jail, could he trust Whitehorse?

As he trudged throught the woods, he tried to retrace his steps from the day prior. Alone in his own world, he only realized the severity of his situation when his radio crackled to life.

"Hello Luke, we haven't spoken much yet, but know this, I come as a friend. Now, I know you must be confused. All you have to do, is come to my ranch, and I'll explain everything. I'll see you soon, whether you come yourself or your brought to me, I will hear your confession." John's voice faded from the radio.

Luke stopped dead in his tracks. Was it best to go to John's home? Would things be easier?

Soon, he exited the forest, and the unblocked sun now shone brightly in his eyes. A ways down the road, a white truck could be seen cresting the hill. A noticible black symbol could be seen on the hood but Luke could't make it out. At the same time, a plane engine could be heard. A rapidly growing yellow dot approached him from the opposite direction.

Luke could only think of one person who had availability to a plane.

Nick Rye.

In a fleeting hope, he grabbed his radio and desperately tried to contact the plane.

"This is Luke Wilmette, I an attempting to contact whoever is in the yellow aircraft. Please respond." He waited. And waited. With no response. Was he on the wrong channel? Was Nick ignoring him? Was his radio off? Question after question poured through his mind, distracting him from the vehicles that seemed to multiply and pulled up to him.

He was only made away when a Peggie grabbed him. Scared and now realizing what was happening, Luke swung and knocked the man out. Soon he was tackled ro the ground and restrained. Still, he thrashed about in a vain attempt at freedom.

A gunshot.

Two.

Three.

Suddenly the only force that seemed to be holding him down was weight, but even that was moved as he was yanked to his feet, and a rag was pressed to his mouth as he struggled. The all too familiar white stars filled his gaze as a green hue swallowed everything. He continued a rapidly failing struggle as he was dragged off into a van. His surroundings seemed to blur as he was swallowed by the bliss.

~Elsewhere~

John sat in his office. He just finished contacting Luke. He began to wonder what Luke's sin really was. Sure, Wrath seems like the most obvious, but the way his eyes looked, they sure weren't filled with wrath. They looked sad and lost. One look into Luke's eyes had told John that he had given up. Luke was on the Edge, looking over it. At any moment he could fall, and not even Joseph could save him then.

He believed that Luke's sin was Sloth. Unbeknownst to him that Luke was already on his way to John's ranch. Joseph believed that Luke was special. He was the key to the lamb, his confession had to be done with care.

John was dragged from his little world by the Deputy screaming at him over the radio.

"John, what the HELL do you thibk your doing?" She was pissed about what, he had no idea. She was the one that normally caused him problems, not the other way around. If he could figure out what had her riled up, he could use it against her.

"Ah, Deputy, to what do I owe this pleasure? Coming to confess?" John's smile grew as the Dep's voice grew louder.

"Where's Luke going! I just watched Peggies grab 'em! WHERE IS HE!" This was a welcomed surprise to John. He had imagined it would take some time to find Luke, but to know he was already on his way to John brought a smile to his face.

"Well Deputy, Luke is on his way to atonement. He will confess, and and he will reach Eden's gate, and then you will be next."

After finishing his sentence, he turned off his radio. He knew that would anger the Deputy, but at the moment he was to excited to hear Luke's confession. He quickly made his way to his front door. He had instructed all of the flock in Holland Valley that Luke would confess in John's personal confession room.

About ten minutes had passed before a van with the projects symbol pulled into his driveway. In his excitement he jogged to the vehicle at two large men stepped out of the front and began to move to the back.

"You found Luke?" John new the answer but he still wanted to hear it.

"Yes, we found him on in the middle of the road just standing there. He was holding onto this and wouldn't let go until we blissed him." John took the book from him. It was a copy of the Book of Joseph. A white copy. John carefully opened the cover to see Joseph's name written neatly on the bottom.

John carefully closed the book and looked into the back to see a dazed Luke.

"A... mazing... grace... how sweet... the sound... that... saved... a wretch... like... me..." Luke's low singing was slurred slightly by the bliss.

John reached inside and pulled out the other male, who's singing had turned into guttural humming. Slowly dragging him to the underground confession room, he had little problem hooking him up to chair.

Looking at his guest, he smiled knowing that he caught Luke, not Faith, and not Jacob. Locking the door he retreated upstairs in order to prepare for tonight.