Joseph's Sermon

Luke rode silently into the Whitetails, recalling what he had just done.

~Flashback~

Luke tried desperately to keep Lucy steady as he rode on. But something in the sky caught his attention. A set of parachutes were descending from the sky. Curiosity got the better of Luke, and he decided to see what it was all about. A few gunshot's erupted when the parachutes and whoever they were carrying landed. 

Luke, out of precaution slowed down, until he seen a vehicle leave that area. Afterwords he sped to where he hoped whatever just happened, happened. In the middle of the small field, he found one of the last people he expected to.

John Seed.

All of his instincts were telling him to leave him for death. To let him rot for what he had done. But another part of him was yearning to help him. The part of him that accepted Joseph's teachings. The part of him that sorrowed for what John had suffered through. A part of him that wanted to tell him everything was gonna be alright.

Luke stood there warring with himself on what to do. Eventually he shook his head and lifted John.

"Come on... don't die yet." He told John. Luke felt like he was gonna regret his decision. Pulling him onto his bike and securing John to himself, he left for a small bunker he had found while trying to return to Fall's End. John had long since passed out, and his breath was weakening. Luke took notice of this and sped up as much as possible. Many times had come where he had almost fell over because of his own injury.

Arriving at the bunker he had to get passed the problem of getting John down there. Remembering the rope in his bag, he made a makeshift harness and slowly lowered john into the bunker, before descending himself.

"You... Have... Been... A... Royal... Pain in my ass, but it wouldn't have sat well with me if I just let you die. Now let's get those wounds taken care of." Luke slowly took of John's shirt and overcoat. 

"What the hell am I doing?" Luke asked himself as he pulled out his first aid kit. Applying peroxide to a rag, he began to clean the wound, John grunted as he did so. Which was good, it meant he was still alive.

Applying pressure, he began to wrap Johns wounds in bandages.

Finally Finishing, he decided to go back to the church and retrieve John's book. Hopefully he didn't wake up while he was gone.

~Later~

As Luke climbed back down the ladder, he began to think about just how lucky he was that no one was in Fall's End. Now he just had to figure out how to get John back out of the bunker. Holding his mouth over John's mouth revealed that his breath had stabilized. Once again fitting the rope around him, he began the arduous task of lifting him out of the bunker. About halfway up, Luke began to feel blood leak down his back, signaling he had opened up his wounds again. Finally pulling John from the opening, Luke laid back on the grass, the light flow of blood seeming to slow again, Luke willed himself to stand.

"Starting to think, I should've just left you to die. Would've been easier. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass." Luke then fixed John to himself again. The flow became a little faster as they drove. 

Surprisingly enough to Luke, they were soon pulling up to Joseph's compound. Luke's vision had grown blurry. Two Peggies approached him on his bike, and he only motioned to the man on his back.

"My God, It's John! Get the Father!" The larger of the two shouted as he made his way to John. Quickly undoing the ropes, he noticed the large red stain that was still Growing on Luke's dingy white shirt.