Grand Design

Luke awoke the third morning after arriving to the bustle of people coming from inside the bunker. Slowly stretching, he looked to his right so see the sun barely peeking over the horizon and through the trees. Luke slowly descended the gnarled tree he has been taking refuge in, and made his way to the Wolf's Den entrance. Slowly maneuvering past the crowed entrance, He scanned over the top of the crown trying to spot Eli, before a hand landed on his shoulder, startling him a bit. 

Luke was visibly tense, as Dutch was unable to get in touch with Rook, but she was tough, she probably just lost her radio.

"Hey, Luke, Eli's been lookin' for ya." Tammy began dragging Luke toward's the back of the bunker. Some people nodded their head, at him, while others ignored him completely. Luke, had been inside a few times, but he had no recollection of there being this many people inside oh the bunker.

"Hey, Tammy, is it me, or are there more people here than usual?" She slowed down as they came to a small room which housed a couch, a pair of bunk beds, and an arcade machine, to name a few things.

"It's just a check-in, we do it to make sure everyone's safe and sound." She turned around when she could no longer pull Luke, as he had stopped himself. His look of pure confusion stirred her own inside her.

"That's just stupid, if someone gets followed here, the Wolf's den would be finished. That's too much of a risk to take, Jacob would be all over this place if he knew about this 'check-in'." Luke motioned with his hand in a small fit of anger. How could any body be so stupid? He was glad he had sent Dep away, she was much safer with Whitehorse.

"Ah, good. Just the person I was looking for." Eli stood up from the couch and placed a hand on Luke's shoulder, which was quickly shoved off by the confused male.

"Eli what the hall are you thinking, having this many people showing up here would raise alarm's in anyone who has the slightest bit of common sense!" Eli held up a finger as he led Luke to the couch and sat down.

"Look, I brought all these guys here because they are helping me plan a raid on the Veteran's Center. Unfortunately though, that looks like it's still a ways out." His head lowered as he talked. An attack on either HQ could spell the undoing for either side. The Wolf's Den just doesn't have the amount of man power to hold off an attack from Jacob's soldiers, and an attack on the Veteran's center is the last thing that Jacob expects to happen, hopefully.

"But we'll have to put that on the back burner for a while, Jacob's convoy left the Hotel about an hour ago. Get yourself some coffee and something to eat, we're planning on heading out in two hours, so you might wanna head over there soon." Luke shook his head before stretching again, multiple satisfying pops could be heard as he sighed in relief.

"Anyone in particular that you know are there? Because if so, you might wanna be careful if they knew of this place." Luke said as he wiped his hands on his pants. One of his fingers catching in one of the new holes in the brown fabric. Eli sat for a minute, thinking of anyone who could be an issue and is currently missing. Shaking his head and opening his eyes, he turned back to Luke, who in turn nodded and left the room.

"Alright, your the boss. I'll head out as soon as I finish my coffee." He called back, taking notice of the bunker, which had cleared out as he spoke to Eli. Grabbing a quick cup of the black, caffeinated substance, he scoffed at it's staling taste. "Reminds me of the coffee I had in the Army." Retrieving the rifle that had been left buy the doorway for him, he stepped into the sunlight, having to shield his eyes from the sudden light change.

Taking in a deep whiff of air, he smiled in content at the woodsy scent that filled his nostrils

"Hey, Luke, you better not die, I'm starting to like you." Tammy called from the bunker door before retreating back inside before he could answer.