One Last Time

It may have taken some persuasion, but our parents let us have one final sleepover. It was like our very first one, watching movies and playing games, but this time, we were a bit more intimate and dejected. We did have the dreadful thought of separation in our minds, you know.

It was about 1:30 when we actually decided to go to sleep. I tossed and turned in my sleeping bag as George peered down from his bed. "Come here." He held his hand out for me to join him in his bed. "No, George, it's fine-" "Please, Y/N, you need this." He pulled me next to him, covering me in the warm blankets.

I glanced through his window, glaring at the beauteous full moon, with the light shining down onto George's face. Reminds me of another fun night we shared, the beautiful night when our parents let us go camping together. I start to sob at the thought.

George rolls over and grabs my waist. "Shh... don't cry, my dear. You'll just get me started. Listen, I know we're both unhappy with this situation, but we will meet again. We'll fulfill that promise." He rubbed my back, and I relaxed at his touch. I really needed his affection right about now, I had to embrace it before it was gone. "Thank you, George. I really needed that." He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck, still with a tight but tender grip on me. "I'll never let you go." He whispers.

And if that wasn't sad enough, the dream I had made everything worse by reminding me of what I would lose. It took me back to the time we made the promise, shattering my heart as soon as I woke up. I was in the warmth of George's arms as a single teardrop fell from my eye.