The Fort

*Flashback to 1949*

"This is going to be so much fun, Y/N!" George jumped up and down, running further into the forest. Our parents let us camp out in the forest for George's 7th birthday.

"I know! Let's set up first, I know exactly how to do this," I was ecstatic to show George my building skills.

Everything for his party was all set up. No one else came, it was just me and our parents. They were at the end of the forest, with the cake and presents. I looked for George, but he was nowhere to be found.

"George?" I called. "Up here, pumpkin," he replied from the top of a hill.

I ran up the hill, tripping and falling on top of George. "Silly bird." He laughed.

We watched the sunset, as George shuffled closer to me. "It's beautiful, just like you." He whispered, causing me to blush. "I think we should get married up here and have the rest of it in the forest." I smiled. "I think we should." Suddenly, our parents called us down for the party. "Race you down," I offered, and he gladly accepted. We raced down the hill, George beating me.

After the party was over, our parents set up their tents, while I surprised George with a whole fort.

"Can I look yet, Y/N?"

"Almost...ok, now!"

George's jaw dropped at the large fort I built. "You built this? It's amazing!"

Later on, while we continued to play, some older kids came by and bullied us.

"Hey there little girl, is this your fort? It would be a shame if someone... destroyed it..."

Thankfully, George always came to the rescue.

"Don't you even think about it. I'm warning you."

"Oh, are you her boyfriend? You're going to protect her-"

George grabbed a tree branch and fought back, scaring them away.

Before I could even thank him, he cut me off.

"No need to thank me, pumpkin, I'll stick up for you anytime."

As the sky grew darker, we went into the fort and went to bed, when I felt George's head on my shoulder and arms around my waist.

"Um, George, what are you doing?"

But there was no answer. He fell asleep on me, and I didn't care at all. He looked even cuter sleeping on me. I lightly kissed his forehead.

"Happy birthday, Georgie,"