The Black Eye

Believe it or not, we lived in that fort for years. Through the harsh winters, boiling summers, and painful times of low supplies, we lived through it all.

Times actually weren't too bad for the most part. Until one day, after George had come back from a concert, the poor thing had a black eye.

"Welcome back, Georgie- OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EYE?" I panicked. A single tear rolled down his face.

"Well, we got a new drummer. His name is Richard Starkey, or Ringo Starr, as we call him, and fans got really mad. They loved Pete, and refused to accept Ringo. They got violent, and I took a black eye for the poor guy." He started crying, causing me to do the same.

I rushed everywhere to find something to help him, only finding a cold water bottle.

"It's all we've got, I'm sorry." I sighed as he placed the bottle near his eye, whimpering at the touch.

He rests his head on my shoulder, crying a little and clinging on to me. "You're so good to me, Y/N, I don't deserve you." I frowned. "Don't say that. Of course you do. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else." He might have been in pain when he did it, but his smile warmed my heart.

We slept in the fort for the last time. George had enough money to buy us a proper house, and now that they have a manager, they'll be more than just a band that performs in a few simple clubs.

This was were our life changed.