The Promise

It's more than just a forest to us.

This forest has all of our best memories, and most importantly, it's where this whole promise thing was made.

And now here we are again, hand in hand, sitting on the top of the hill where George first proposed to me in our adolescence.

I started tearing up from the beauty.

George came up to me from behind, his hand on my shoulder. "Don't cry, pumpkin, this is a happy day."

"These are tears of joy, Georgie. I can't believe it's almost time for this to happen."

We start reminiscing on the original moment, watching as the sun starts to sink into the horizon. George finds a dandelion and tucks it behind my ear.

"Remember me doing that?"

"How could I forget? All this remembering is nice and all, but I think it's time to get down there before the sun completely sets."

"You're right, pumpkin. Race you down, just like old times."

"George, our outfits will be ruined and stained with grass!"

"Who cares? It'll give us lasting memories."

We smile and race each other down. Our luxurious attire was covered in grass throughout our whole wedding.

Did people notice?

Of course they did.

Did we care?

Not a single bit.

Our after party couldn't be more fun. I wasn't one to dance, but George changed my whole perspective, singing an entirely new song with the other Beatles playing and singing in the background that pulled on my heartstrings in every good way.

"Before this dance is through, I think I'll love you too, I'm so happy when you dance with me. I don't want to kiss or hold your hand, if it's funny try and understand, there is really nothing else I'd rather do, cause I'm happy just to dance with you. I don't need to hug or hold you tight, I just want to dance with you all night. I'm this world, there's nothing I would rather do, cause I'm happy just to dance with you. Just to dance with you, is everything I need. Before this dance is through, I think I'll love you too, I'm so happy when you dance with me. If somebody tries to take my place, let's pretend we just can't see his face. In this world, there's nothing I would rather do, cause I'm happy just to dance with you. Just to dance with you, is everything I need. Before this dance I'd through, I think I'll love you too, I'm so happy when you dance with me. If somebody tries to take my place, let's pretend we just can't see his face. In this world, there's nothing I would rather do, I've discovered I'm in love with you, cause I'm happy just to dance with you."

"That was beautiful, George." I whisper as everyone claps.

George and I ditched the party temporarily and  sat right back on our signature hill, looking at the stars.

"This is so peaceful, George. I couldn't be happier."

"And I couldn't ask for anyone else to spend the rest of my life with."

The kiss we share is so passionate that neither of us can here the faint echo of someone who I thought I would never see again.

"Y/N! Did you miss me?"

"Mom? But... but how? Did you see the note? I'm sorry for running away. I just- are you mad?"

"Of course I'm mad, but do I care anymore? You're an adult now, and just look what you've done. You kept your soulmate and now you're married to him. This is your day. Live onward, Y/N. You two have a long journey ahead of you."

We sure did. We didn't know it yet, but we'd have a delightful relationship for the rest of our lives, like everyone had hoped and expected.

And to think it all began with a simple promise...
___________________________________
Wow. It's finally over. It's been an adventure of emotions. I wonder if any of you older readers noticed that I deleted Days Together because I didn't like the smut and felt like the story didn't need it. This is a fluffy story, not a smutty one. That will come in the next story that will be my main focus: In Spite of All the Danger.