The Life Changing Letter

My jaw dropped when I saw what he wrote.

My lovely Y/N,

Well, it's been a while. I'm sorry I haven't written back to you, but my life has been crazy over the past few weeks.

My friend, Paul McCartney, gave me the chance to be in the band he and his friend John Lennon have, the Quarrymen. I was nervous about the audition, and like I predicted, Lennon was the meanest judge I could've had. John thought I was a baby, and he refused to let me into the group for that reason, but Paul never gave up on me, and I played "Raunchy", over and over again to please the 16 year old beast that Lennon was.

His mother, Julia, was sadly hit by a car by an off duty police officer. He wasn't the same tough teddy boy anymore, but instead a softhearted boy who was weak and in emotional pain.

I decided to help him all through it. Paul encouraged me to watch the performances in case he decided to change his mind and let me in the group. However, one week after his mother's death, he didn't show up to practice. I checked on him, only to see him curled up into a ball and crying into his hands. I helped him through it all, finally earning me a spot in the Quarrymen.

It was excellent to be popular for once. Most of the bullying stopped, and I loved performing, even if the clubs we played in were boiling hot, smelled like garbage, and were cramped, it was all worth it. The money we made was decent, but we didn't have a manager or anyone to help us. We just had to figure it out ourselves.

However, that was when things got worse for me. My mom didn't approve of my new teddy boy style and kicked me out of the house. I have nowhere to go now. I'm living at Paul's but I can't take it anymore. It's crazy.

What I was thinking was for you to come back to me. It's near impossible, but I've known you all my life, and you're the smartest girl I know. You can make plans quickly, so maybe I was thinking for you to make a plan to run away and meet me in Liverpool.

Please consider this, words cannot describe my love and need for you.

George

His longest letter yet, with not only the sad aftermath of my absence, but a plead for me to run away and meet him again in Liverpool?!

As much as I would love to see George again to make our promise stronger, I fear the consequences of being caught and everything that I would lose for George.

I couldn't decide between the love of my life and my family.

I decided to write him back, discussing the events he suffered and the indecision running through my mind.

"What will mom think?"
"What if I get caught?"
"Do I want to leave everything behind me?"
"Is it really worth it?"

George,

That's ok that it took almost a month to get back to me. This is a lot to discuss.

It's great that you're in a band now, I bet you're really good. I'd love to see you play.

But that's horrible that you're mom kicked you out because she doesn't like your style. She should be happy, you're making money and performing in front of a lot of people! At least you're living with someone, though.

Ok, I'm really unsure about me running away from here to see you. I'd love to see you again to strengthen our promise, but I'm not sure what I will do with everything else in my life. I don't want to leave them all in the dust, but then again, I still don't like it here. I'd much rather be in Liverpool with you again.

I don't know what to do, George.

Y/N

He needed to reply as soon as possible. My indecision is taking over me, it's all I can think about at night. I can hardly sleep at night with all of the thoughts running through my brain.

Thankfully, he replied back rather quickly.

Y/N,

I understand your indecision. It's a big choice, but it will all be worth it. I won't force you to do anything, but I'd love to see you again.

George

Short but sweet. Mom hasn't seen the letters we've been sending, she only knows that we write them. She couldn't break our bond even if she tried.

This took a long time to respond back to. It was time to make the final decision: See George and leave most of my life behind, or don't see George and be sad in the life I'm in.

Let's make this choice once and for all.

George,

I've made my decision. What did I choose? Well, you'll just have to see.

Don't write back for now.

Y/N
------------------------
Dang that was long. It's a major factor in the story so it had to be.