She's Leaving Home

I had no idea how I would pull this off. I decided that I would run away to see George, but the plan had to be perfect or even the smallest things would get in the way.

I had saved up money for years. I must have wanted something extremely expensive badly as a younger child, but scraped it later on. I used that to get myself a plane ticket.

(I know that you're 15 currently and you can't get one because you're not an adult but just go with it, ok? You've got to get back to George somehow.)

Wednesday morning at 5:00, as the day begins, I pack my bags with everything I don't want to leave behind, silently closing my door and creeping downstairs, leaving the note explaining the whole situation:

"This job might have helped you earn more money, but it harmed an everlasting friendship. But as you know, there is no breaking it apart. We cannot be away from one another, it is impossible for this friendship to end. We must have some way of communicating, and what we have found is that letters only go so far."

George and I have decided that it's best for us to reunite. Don't bother to come after me. I'll be much happier in Liverpool with my future husband. By the time you're reading this, I might already be there. The promise we made will not be broken.

Maybe one day when I'm older our paths will cross again, but for now, I love you, and I'll never forget you."

Tears ran down my cheeks after rereading the note, but I had to push through.

I quietly closed the door behind me. It's finally time for George and I to reunite.