Know Who You Are |1|

He's blessed. Das all I gotta say. Das it das all😩.

———————

Sliding her shades on her face, Courtney stepped out of the car, saying goodbye to her driver.

As soon as her six inch nude red bottoms hit the ground, she knew all eyes would be on her.

And she was right.

People couldn't help but stare at the woman.

The pretty brown skin woman was used to all eyes on her wherever she went.

For one, her beauty struck everyone.
She was all pretty smooth skin and curly unbothered hair. Though she was only 5'4, she was leggy with a curvaceous body to add onto it.

Two, she was very successful. Everyone knew her in the Seattle area. She was THE Courtney Monroe, the CEO of the popular fashion line, Bella Courier.

She was the shit, and knew it. She'd made it this far with help from no one.

Going inside the building, she nodded at people who spoke to her, giving them polite smiles as she strutted to the elevator.

Getting on, she made sure she stayed in the middle.

She didn't want to get stuck in the corner beside someone who suddenly had a cold when they were in a confined space.

When the elevator stopped at her floor, she stepped off, pleased to see her employees hard at work.

Passing her assistant's desk, she took her cup of coffee that always waited for her and began to walk towards her office, knowing her assistant was beside her.

"Okay, Miss Monroe. In about ten minutes, you have a meeting with a Mr. Trevante Rhodes to discuss him modeling and being the opening face of your male clothing line. Then, after that, you have a meeting at two. After that, your schedule is free at the office except for your teeth cleaning at four." Simone rattled off.

"Okay," Courtney smiled, taking her shades off and taking the papers, "thank you, Simone."

"No problem, ma'am." The young girl smiled, happy to help.

Courtney walked into her office, grabbing the small remote to put the fog effect on her glass doors.

Sitting at her desk, she let out a loud huff and organized the papers for today on her desk.

She was tired. Her four year old nephew kept her up all night since her sister decided not to come get him.

That was the struggle of having money in a family that was used to being broke. They overstepped their boundaries.

Don't get her wrong, Courtney loved little Jahmir to death, but she wasn't used to being around kids. She was only 25, and didn't even know if she wanted kids herself.

But, her family often felt as though they could just drop situations on her because she had money. They didn't care that she was a busy business woman.

It made it no better that Jahmir's mother was using again, which meant Courtney would most likely have to take him in.

But, she didn't mind as much in the long run. She didn't want her nephew to end up in some foster home, since the sisters' mom wasn't going to do shit for him.

Sighing, she picked up her phone, thanking her best friend again for taking Jahmir to school.

Deciding to let off some stress, Courtney played some music lowly in her office, even though her walls were sound proof.