New Kid in the Complex

A rather short boy with blue hair, a prosthetic face, and pigtails drags himself into the new apartment complex.

     "Well Sal.. I know it's not Jersey.. but it will do.", said the boy's father.

     ".... Hope it will..", replied Sal.

     Sal made his way up to the apartment, setting down an arm load of boxes he had been carrying. At least he didn't have to carry it up the stairs... but the elevator was slow, and made the trips much longer.

     "Dad? I think I'm gonna go meet the neighbors. Get to know the place..", Sal said, peaking his head in his father's room.

     "Alright, Sal. I'll be here unpacking if you need me." Sal's father smiled.

     Alright Sal.. Let's start on floor... three.
     He pushed the button, and began his slow decline to floor three. After he knocked on every door, Sal met the complex's maintenance worker.

     "Hello..", Sal said, quietly.

     "Hello there!", replied the woman in purple.

     "I'm Sal.. My dad and I just moved in upstairs.."

     "Name's Lisa, I take care of this place. Nice to meet ya Sal."

     "So you like.. fix toilets and clean and stuff..?"

     "To me it's more than that. To me it's helping people in need. I love helping people.. and if that means unclogging the pooper, You can count on me."

     Sal chuckled quietly.
"I'm sure the people in this building are happy to have you."

     "You know what Sal, here."
Lisa reached her hand into her pocket, and pulled out a key card.

     "I think you and my son would make good friends. Why don't you go down there and meet him?"

     "Oh, thank you.. I never had many friends in my old town..", Sal looked down at his feet.

    Lisa of course felt horrible for the kid. She rested a hand on his shoulder.
     "You seem like a wonderful kid. I'm sure your luck will turn around."
She smiled, and patted Sal.
     "Off you go now, go make some friends!"

     Sal started to walk back to the elevator.
     "Thanks Lisa!"

     Sal knocked on the door that had the words "Don't Enter", painted on it.
The deafening music coming from inside silenced, and a voice came from behind the door.

     "Who is it?", asked a voice that sounded stoned as all hell.

     Sal was nervous of course..
"I'm Sal.. I just moved in on the fourth floor.. your mom told me to come down and meet you.."

     "Aw, sick, doors open, come on in!"

     Sal reluctantly opened the door, and once he did, he stood dumbstruck. This boy had long dark hair, and quite the face to look at. In a good way.. He had bags under his eyes that were so dark they looked like eyeliner, and dark brown eyes.

     "Name's Larry, welcome to the apartments, dude."