Becoming Close

"WHAT?! YOU'VE NEVER LISTENED TO SANITY'S FALL?!?!", screeched Larry.

"N-no.. Sorry..", Sal was confused, because he had never heard a song by the band, he couldn't relate on how hyped Larry was.

"Well, we've got to change that. Check it, I just taped their newest song, Singular.", Larry said, pressing play on the radio.

The song started to play. It started slow and quiet.. then the bass jumped in and everything was deafening.
Larry started to violently headbang.
Soon, Sal joined in and the two were just rocking out together.

When the song ended, Larry's hair was all over the place, and Sal's pigtails had fallen out.

"I need to get me some of that shit right there..", said a breathless Sal.

"I know right? Love that band.. if you want I could totally give you some CDs, I got all of their songs."
Larry grabbed a case, and sure enough, it was full of CDs, all labeled and dated.

Sal's eyes went wide under his prosthetic.
"Holy... you weren't kidding!"

"I don't kid when it comes to SF."

"I can tell.."

Larry smiled.
Thank god for the prosthetic face, because if it weren't there, Larry would be able to see the tomato red face of a blushing Sal. Something in Larry just gave Sal butterflies.

"Hey I just got VIP tickets to their concert in a few weeks, you wanna meet the band with me?"
Larry pointed to the 3 VIP tickets on his desk. Sal wondered who the third one was for.

His mom dumbass...
Sal thought to himself.

"Woah really? You're gonna invite the guy you just met?"
Sal was honestly flattered, and surprised.

"Hell yeah! You seem like a pretty chill dude, Sal."

"You're not weirded out my fake face...?"

"Nah, I think it's pretty fucking cool.", Larry said, giving Sal an honest compliment. Sal only ever got those from his dad, and -when she was alive- his mom.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't like judging people on what they look like.. it's just wrong.."

"Finally someone who feels the same.."

"What happened? Like, with you're  face? If your cool with me asking.."

Sal stiffened up. Not wanting to remember.
"No, it's alright.. I mean if you really wanna know.."

"Only if you wanna tell me.. it's not like I'm gonna force you.."

"Thanks.. then.. I'll be honest.. I'm not comfortable talking about it.. it's kinda a sensitive subject for me.."

"Got it, dude. I won't ask again."
Larry gave Sal another smile, and though Larry couldn't see it, Sal smiled back.

Is this what falling in love feels like?