Shattered Glass

Larry, Sal, Ash and Todd, all sat at an open picnic table in the shade of a large oak tree.
It was the day Sal and Larry would tell the gang about their relationship.

"Alright, what's up?", Ash said, crossing her arms, and leaning onto the table.

"Well.. uhm..", Sal was nervous. He didn't know what Ash or Todd would say.

"We wanted to tell you guys something.", Larry said, smiling at Sal.

"We? If I'm correct, your use of the word 'we' hints at the fact that maybe you and Sal are considered to be, in relation with one another.", Todd said, sounding smart as usual.

"English Todd.", mocked Ash.

"Larry and Sal are gay for eachother."

Sal was flustered under his prosthetic, and Larry just kinda looked shocked.

"Yeah.. it.. it started at the concert we went to a few weeks ago..", Larry said eventually, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Awwwwwe.. that's adorable..!"
Ash held her hands against her cheeks.

"Guess this means Ash is the only single one, now.", Sal said, trying to hold in a small chuckle.

The group continued to laugh and joke fore a while.
Until Sal got a phone call.

"Oh..? Uhm, hold on, I should probably take this..", Sal got up and walked away, so he was out of earshot.

"What's crappening, Sal Fisher here."
That's how he answered all his phone calls.

It wasn't a spoken answer on the other side. But more the sound of glass shattering. Then, the other person hung up.

"Uh... weird.."

. . .

"You said it sounded like a window breaking..?", Larry said, sitting down in his beanbag chair.

"Yeah.. it was weird.. and then whoever called me just hung up.."

Sal felt his back pocket, and realised he was getting yet another call.
He picked up.
"Hello..?"
He didn't answer how he always did this time.

"He did?......... Oh no..... Okay.. Yeah I'll be over there soon..", Sal hung up.
The look on his face was pure dread.

"Sal..?", Larry looked and Sal.

"I know who called me at the park."

"Who?"

"It was my dad. He was going to get stuff for dinner."

"..But what about the window?"

"It wasn't a window. My dad got in a car crash. The glass was like, the windshield or something.."

"I'll get the keys to the van."

Sal grabbed his hoodie, and rushed out of the apartment.
Larry grabbed the car keys, and rushed out after Sal.

Both of them got into the van, Larry started it up, and they were off to the hospital.