Highway To Hell

June and Travis stood and stared at the glowing ring of smoke that was in the middle of the mess in the kitchen, waiting for Ash and Todd.

"We're really gonna go to some underworld sorta place, fight a demon with a magic guitar, and bring back Sal and Larry with the help of an off-brand Black Widow, and a super scientist.", Travis said pacing.

"Yep.", June looked up at Travis whilst petting the fat brown potato she calls a cat.

"And we have no training for this possibly fatal mission?"

"Yep."

"We could die."

"We could. But we won't."

At that moment there was a knock on the door.
Travis went and opened the door.
There stood Ash.
She had shaved half of her head, and kept the other side short. Instead of a bit of purple, it was all black. Travis and her matched a little..

Todd stood next to her.
He hadn't changed much appearance wise. He still had his glasses, his freckles, his curly hair, and his pale skin. He was wearing long, black, pants, and a tealish-green half sleeve shirt.

"You called us?", Ash said looking at Travis.

"Hey Auntie Ash! Hi Uncle Todd!", June said waving.

"Hey June!", Ash waved back. "Alright something about hunting demons?"

"Yeah, Sal and Larry got taken to hell by some weird smoke monster? The thing said he had known Sal and Larry for a long time.. and wanted revenge..?", June rubbed the back of her neck, questioning if anyone other than Travis believed her.

Ash looked at the ring in shock.

"They weren't kidding. I mean, even after the temple.. and all that shit.. I never saw any definitive proof of ghosts or demons.. so I thought they were crazy.. cool crazy, not scary crazy."

Todd, who had been looking and poking at the portal decided to pipe up.

"The demon didn't get them."

"What do you mean?" June said, hopefull.

"Well, you said that Sal got a chance to strum his guitar right?"

"Yeah..", The confused fourteen year old looked at Todd.

"Then Sal took the demon to the Necrolight Dimension. The world between worlds. I just called it Glorified Purgatory."

"So my dads are alive?!"

"Larry I'm not sure. We'll have to go to hell to rescue him. But Sal, we just jump in there and go get him.", Todd stuck his hand into the interdimensional hole.

Travis looked at everyone in the room.

Then jumped in.

"OH MY- TRAVIS!?!?!", Ash yelled in.
It echoed for a solid minute.

"YOU GUYS GOTTA SEE THIS!!!", Travis echoed back.

So, one after another they all jumped into the portal.

It was.. beautiful.

Like they were in deep space, but with oxygen.

Stars glittered like a million diamonds. The space in between them was filled with a dark teal stretch of more, and more stars.

There was bright blues, light pinks, and even deep purples everywhere you looked.

Hard to believe this was basically what purgatory looked like.

There they stood, in the light of a black moon, looking in every direction, frantically calling Sal's name.

After what they believed to be hours, they finally found him.

There he was, sitting in the void of space, hugging himself sobbing.

June rushed over, and hugged him, afraid for her father's sanity.

"June..? Sweety! Oh my god, how did you find me?", Sal cupped his hands on June's face, and kept her close.

"With help.. Travis came over because he said he saw a flash of light.. so he rushed over.. then he called Ash and Todd.. and we came to get you.. We knew you couldn't get out without this..", June took the guitar from around her neck, and handed to her wide eyed dad.

"What..... What about Larry...? Is he ok? Did you find him yet?", Sal was panicked.

"We're working on that.. we need to find you first.. I don't know how to play guitar.. you do."

Sal nodded and opened a portal back home. From there.. they would try to think of a way to save Larry..

Would they ever find him, though..?