I Hope it Wasn't Real

"June! Breakfast is ready!", Sal called from the kitchen.

"Coming!", June called back.

It's been about a week since Sal and Larry actually adopted June.

They still don't know how she ended up in the orphanage...

As June came down stairs, the new cat, Kitty Kitty, rubbed against her leg.

Kitty is a fat, brown, tabby cat, that just fucking loves butter.

"Hi fatso..", June gave Kitty a pat on the head. He purred, and let out a satisfactory meow.

Larry was sitting at the kitchen table watching the news.

Just as June sat down, a breaking news story came on.

"Police have just reported 10 murders in a single county of New Jersey yesterday. Each was exactly the same. The victim was first decapitated, says officials, and then had their eyes gouged out. They also said a rusty kitchen knife was left at each scene.", said the news reporter, "Just in, another murder, with the same pattern. More coming on that soon.. Now, Katy with the weather."

Larry turned off the tv, and let out a surprised sigh.
"10.. 10 in a day."

Sal set plates out on the table.
"I wouldn't be worried. I mean, we're not even close to that county."

"What if the murderer jumps a county?", Larry said, sipping his coffee.

"Then.. we'll.. we'll just be careful."

Kitty sat down next to June, and looked up at her, with worry in his eyes.

"I know Kitty.. don't worry.. they'll protect us..", June said, petting him.

"So kiddo, what will it be?", Sal said as he held an empty plate.

"Scrambled eggs like always, some bacon, and a pancake, Please.", June smiled, and Sal set the food down, then got some for himself and sat down.

They made casual conversation for the rest of breakfast.

Then, Larry took June up to the art studio, and got a painting lesson in.

After that, Sal stole June and taught her how to make muffins. Specifically banana bread muffins.

Soon, they all just sat around and watched tv together. June wanted to rent a new movie, so they did that as well.

At about noon, there was an unexpected visitor.

It was only Lisa though.

June ran up to her, and hugged her.

"Gamma!", June said, excited.

"Oh I'm not that old..", Lisa laughed and hugged her other babies.

It was adult conversation for about and hour, then they all played 'Cards Against Humanity' for a long time.

It was fun.

After Lisa left at about 8:30, June went to her room and played on the new play station with larry. Sal would come up and watch every once and a while between housework stuff.

It was late now, like 10. June went to bed, so did Larry and Sal.

All was peaceful that night.

A high pitched scream came from Sal and Larry's room.

It woke June up. She ran to see what had happened.

Sal's face was white as a ghost, and drained of all emotion.

June strained her eyes in the dark to see what was so disturbing, so she turned a light on.

It was visible now..

Larry was right. The murderer jumped a county and struck him first.

There he lay, his head no longer attached to his body, and eyes nowhere to be found.

June was now as pale as Sal, she ran to the phone and dialed 911.

"Hello?! Hello?! Please..!", June was panicking.

"This is 911, what's the emergency?", said an operator.

"My dad.. he's.... he's been killed! Please send someone.. please.."

"Honey, what's your name?"

"J-june.. June Ares.."

"Where are you?"

"7th Ave.. 12th Stree.. 1127.. please hurry.."

"I'm sending someone. Do you want me to stay on the line?"

"Yes.. please.."

5 minutes later, a line of police cars lined up outside the house. One knocked on the door, and June let him in, he asked where the body was, so she told him.

Sal was still up there... just as pale, but now he was crying so hysterically no one could talk to him.

"No.. Larry.. oh god.. no I can't lose you.. Larry..", Sal said between sobs.

Everything went black, and June woke up.

A nightmare.. a really fucked up nightmare.

She didn't go to sleep the rest of the night, and just cried quietly in her bed.

"I can't lose another family..."

Kitty jumped up onto her bed, and cuddled up close. He meowed, and tried to comfort June.

It helped calm her.. but she still didn't sleep. So, like any sleep deprived 14 year old, she just grabbed the closest remote and turned on the small tv she had in her room.

There she sat, watching heart warming puppy shows that might ease her head.

It can't be real.. It's just dream right..?

Prosthetic Love  (Sal x Larry) (FINISHED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara