On the Road to Something Epic

It was the night before the concert. In the five weeks before the concert, Sal and Larry had grown to be best friends. Sal had also made other friends at school.

Larry said Sal could stay over night, but neither of them could sleep. They stayed up most of the night listening to Sanity's Fall, and telling horrible jokes.

"Ok ok, I got one.. How do you think the un-thinkable?", Larry said, chuckling.

"I dunno.. how do you think the un-thinkable?", Sal replied, turning his head to look at Larry.

"With and ithe-berg."

"Oh my god that was worse than wheelchair one.."

"You're very welcome", Larry said, laughing.
He put his arms behind his head, and stared at the ceiling.

Sal covered his nose. He wasn't wearing his mask, one, for medical reasons, two, because he trusted Larry and almost never wore it around him.
"Dude when was the last time you showered?", Sal said, with his nose plugged.

"I've been stinking up my pits so when I cheer on the band, people around us will clear out."

"That's actually not a bad idea.."

"I'm a genius."

"Sure..", Sal chuckled.

Larry turned over on his side.
"I'm too excited to sleep dude"

"Same here, Lar..."

"My mom is letting me borrow vanzilla.."

Sal turned onto his stomach and used his elbows to hold himself up.
"Is she coming with?"

"Nah, she just bought three tickets because it came with a discount.. she doesn't like SF.."

"Really? Wow.."

"I know right?"
Larry sat up and laughed quietly.

"What are you laughing at dude?"

"You're hair.."

"What's wrong with my hair?"

"God its everywhere! It's messier than mine for once!"

"So? My prosthetic's buckles get it all tangled up in the back.."

"Yeah but it's never this bad."

"You're messing with me aren't you?"

"Maybe.."

"Asshole.."

Larry smiles, and sits up.
"Wanna play video games till we gotta go?"

"You know I do."
Sal turned over again and sat up.
Larry tossed him a controller and grabbed one for himself.
They gamed the night away, till early the next morning.

"Larry... dude.."

Larry snored away, his arms wrapped around Sal.
They must've fallen asleep at some point, but there was still three hours left until the concert.

"Larry wake your ass up."
Sal was flustered.. he liked Larry.. but was scared to tell him because he thought it would ruin what they already have.

Larry gripped tighter.
Sal started to shake Larry.

"I'm up.... I'm up.."
Larry finally woke up, but didn't let go.

"Awesome, can you let go of me now?"

Larry fully opened his eyes, and realized Sal's face was inches away from his.
He panicked and let go of Sal, just as flustered.

"Holy shit.. sorry man..I guess.."

"It's alright, don't worry about it.. when we fell asleep you must've just started to hug me or some shit.."

"You're a lot more chill about it than I thought..."

Sal shrugged and stood up.
He raised his arms into the air to stretch.
Both Sal and Larry slept in a t-shirt and their boxers.. but they had been friends long enough to the point where it wasn't awkward for them.

"Eh.. can't control what happens in your sleep.."

"Heh.. yeah you're right.. Hey, did you get your stuff packed for today?"

"Yep. Got all my SF stuff, a blanket, inflatable mattress for the van, and a pillow. Oh, and spiked hair ties."

"You're all set to go, wow, alright, so I got all my SF stuff, an extra blanket and a pillow, and I got 200$ that I've been saving."

"Sick. I'll probably grab some snacks for the trip there, too."

"Snacks are a key component."

"You sound just like Todd.."

Sal and Larry each took turns taking a shower.
Larry found out there's a hill where the concert is, that gives a perfect view of the band, so stink bombs weren't needed.
Once they were both done, they brushed their hair, and Sal put up his pigtails. His hair ties had little spikes on em.
Larry did something similar, only he was wearing spiked bracelets.
They each grabbed their share of snacks, and said goodbye to their parents.
Larry grabbed the keys to the van, and threw all the stuff in the back.
Soon, they were on their hour long journey to the outdoor concert.

(This one's s bit longer 😅)