Finding Peace (In Ohio)

Everyone stayed and hugged for a while, before beginning to pack it up and try and find the exit. 

"Hey- Does anyone even know how we get out of here..?" Ash spun around while walking behind the group, looking for any landmarks at all.

"We walked in a straight line the whole time so it can't be that hard.." Travis kept moving straight forwards, also analyzing the surroundings. 

"You guys all have goldfish brain." Sal leapt ahead of the group, walking a bit faster than everyone else to get somewhere a little faster.

"Okay- Dad-! Wait!" June called out, matching her dad's pace.

"Man on a mission." Ash laughed softly, and sped up as well, leaving Todd and Travis behind.

Eventually, they did find the smoke ring, and hopped back through into the kitchen of the townhouse. The kitchen was still as much of a mess as it had been when they left.

...

"We are not going to hell, Todd." Sal crossed his arms, like a disapproving mother would.

"I can understand your worries about going to the literal, corporeal underworld- but that is where Larry is. That is where we need to go to save him." Todd shrugged. "Do you want to save your hubby or not?"

Sal put a hand to his mouth, and bit his black painted nails. At his feet, Kitty brushed against his leg. He bent down to give him a good scratch behind the ears, and went back to deciding.

"I want to save him. Fine- Fine! Let's go to hell, I guess!" Sal threw his hands in the air, then quickly brought them back down to his sides.

"Has anyone actually thought about how we get to hell?" Ash piped up, leaning onto the kitchen table. 

Everyone, in sync, shrugged their shoulders.

"Great."

"I might have an idea. Someone commit a cardinal sin real quick-?" Todd looked around at everyone, looking like he expected someone to give a hearty 'yes'.

"I have bacon in the fridge- wait-" Sal shook his head, the most confused expression washing over his face. "Why do we need to sin?"

"That is the only way to get to hell. Sal- Think about it. Demons? Real. God? Not a good guy but probably also real. Which is- Concerning I'll admit."

"Are you suggesting one of us commit a cardinal sin and then die?"  June spoke up, Todd's plan finally clicking in her head.

"I am suggesting that. Yes- BUT- Resurrection! If all that religion crap is real- We can probably find some demonic ritual somewhere to resurrect the soul." Todd smiled as if his plan sounded at all appealing. 

Everyone just kind of stood in shocked silence.

"Todd- No. Just- no." Ash shook her head. Sal, and June did the same, but Travis looked as though he was actually contemplating it.

"I- I'll do it. Send me to hell." Travis puffed out his chest, trying to look tough, but inside he was terrified. 

Something in his heart told him he had to do it. That he had to do something amazing to make up for what an asshole he was in highschool.

"Travis, No." Sal's eyes widened, and he stepped a little closer.

"I'll do it." June spoke up, bunching her yellow sweater in her fist.

"June- Honey- Absolutely not." Sal spoke sternly. "I love you too much to let you do that."

"As much as I love you, and Larry, my biological mom and dad are down there- and- I..."