A Night to Remember

They were a little over halfway there, with about and hour and forty-five minutes to spare.

Larry had put in one of SF CDs, and the two rocked out in the van together.
Even with all of the space in the back, Sal wanted to sit in front with Larry.

Larry was holding an empty soda bottle to his mouth, and lip synced to the song.
Sal couldn't help but laugh.
Whenever he was with Larry, everything just made sense. This whole crazy world made sense.

The entire way there, Sal didn't wear his mask.
With the fear of head banging so hard it would fly off and break the windshield.

"Not much longer, and we'll be there."
Larry said, as he put the next CD in.

"I'm so pumped for this concert. And since it's gonna be dark out we can use the hella bright glowsticks I brought with."
Sal reached behind his seat into his bag, and pulled out a box of unused glowsticks.

"Oh shit! That's gonna look so cool!"
Larry smiles, ad Sal puts the box back into the bag.

When they got there, there we cars parked all around the stage, and the field in front of the stage was starting to fill up with people.

Larry drove up onto the hill he was talking about this morning, and parked right next to a medium sized tree.
No one else was up there.

With about half an hour left before the concert, Sal and Larry worked together to set up a spot for them to sit comfortably.
Larry ended up bringing his beanbag chair.
Not for him, but for Sal.
Larry said he was cool with sitting on the grass.

"Alright, glowsticks, check. Snacks, check. SF gear, check.", Sal said, counting off the things with his hand.

"What about your prosthetic?"
Larry looked over to Sal.

"We're all the way up here, it's not like anyone is gonna see my face.."
When Sal was much younger, he was attacked by a dog. Messed up his face pretty bad.. none of the scars healed right, and the dog took out one of his eyes.

"Am I the only person you don't wear that thing around?"

"Pretty much.. I don't even take off when I'm with my dad.."

Larry looks back out to the stage, feeling special.

As time passed, the band started to seep onto the stage.
They hooked up their gear, made sure everything was working good, and tuned up their instruments.
Then the lead singer grabbed the mic.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen!! Who's ready to ROCK?!?!"

The entire crowd went wild, Including the two who sat upon the hill.

"THEN LET'S ROCK!!!!"
The band began to start playing the songs from their new album, and the entire audience headbanged in harmony.
Every head moving at the exact same time.
It was pretty satisfying to watch..

Larry and Sal both stood up, and cheered as loud as they could.
Larry looked at Sal, with a big dopey smile on his face.
Sal looked at Larry, and gave the same smile.
Both became flustered..

And before you could say, 'Sanity's Fall', the two were locked in a passionate kiss.