On the Road to Something Bad

June sat there on the stairs, holding her head in her hands, sobbing.

"I lost them.. I lost them..", she repeated..

Kitty meowed sympathetically, placing his white paw onto June's leg.

That demon.. Where had he taken her family? What was he going to do with them? What has he already done?

June's head was racing with questions she didn't want an answer for.

"June.. don't cry please...", whispered a voice, as a soft hand rested on the top of her head.

"Who's there..?", June said, wiping her nose and sitting up.

"Don't be scared.. I'm an old friend of your parents.. Not sure if you know me.."

"You know Sal and Larry..?", June sniffled.

"My name is Travis.. I ran over here as soon as I could.. I saw a shit load of light coming from the windows..", whispered that voice, taking the hand away slowly.

"Light? It was pitch dark the whole time.."

"Must've been just me.. but I knew something was wrong, so I stopped by. What happened here?", Travis said looking around.

"Something made of.. smoke... just appeared and took Larry and Sal away.. he said something along the lines of 'you almost killed me, so I'm pissed'... or.. something.."

"They weren't lying.."
Travis looked at June with wide eyes.

"No. All the ghosts and spirits and cult shit.. even the bologna shit. It's all true. It's all true..."

Travis stood up, and held out his hand.

"You wanna go get them back?"

"Hell yeah.", June wiped her last tear away, and grabbed Sal's guitar, which was one of the only things left behind.

Kitty jumped up too.

"You know how to play?", Travis said looking at the ghost killing guitar.

"Maybe..?", June shrugged.

"Oh boy..", Travis said under his breath, "..Give it a try."

June looked at the pick in her hand, then at the hand holding the neck of the guitar.
She lifted her arm the same way Sal did, and copied his hand movements.

Then she strummed.

Whoosh!

More smoke appeared, creating a ring of red and black.
Just like the portal..

Travis laughed a bit.
"Holy shit.."

"Did I just summon a portal to hell?", June said, shocked.

"You just summoned a portal to hell!"

Kitty meowed as if repeating the sentence once more.

"We gotta go in there and get my dads back! We can't go in there.. what am I thinking? I'm not trained for this.. We need... what was their names..? WE NEED ASH AND TODD!!", Screamed June, and pointing with her finger.

"Todd will know the chords for attacks, and could teach you, Ash is just an all out great fighter. Give her a gun and you've got Black Widow."

"Do you know their numbers?"

"Yeah, let me call Ash first."
Travis took his phone out of his jeans pocket, and went into his contacts list. Ash is the first. He taps on the name and puts the phone up to his ear.

"Ash? Yeah, it's Travis. Get Todd and head over to Sal and Larry's house. We're going demon hunting."