Chapter 8: "Away From Drama"

"I wish we could lay here all day." Klaus and Caroline lay on a blanket under the sun, their arms wrapped around each other.

"We could but I want to enjoy our time away together." She giggles when he nuzzles her neck with his nose.

"Klaus." Caroline sits up and fixes her messy hair, standing up afterward.

"Where are you going love?" She turns around to see Klaus propped up on his elbow, lower lip stuck out in a pout.

"Lunch. I don't want to start dessicating if we stayed there for 7 days." He jumps up and runs after her, both their vampire instincts kicking as they both start running at super speed, Caroline giggling the whole time. "I win."

"You had a head start." Klaus's fingers had skimmed the doorway shortly after hers but he went past it to wrap his arms around her waist.

"Awe someone's a sore loser." She giggles again as he leans in and presses his lips to hers in a searing kiss, Caroline backing up until her back hits the wall. They continue kissing as Klaus picks Caroline up and speeds her to the bedroom. She begins fiddling with his belt, hence stopping the kissing, her bottom hits the bed and Klaus grabs her hands.

"Are you sure about this?" Such a gentleman. She nods her head and smiles, bringing his lips back down to hers. He instead tears his belt off and throws it somewhere across the room. Caroline breaks the kiss to try to untie her corset after successfully getting her dress off, fingers not quite reaching the back.

"Can you?" Klaus nods and she turns around, his fingers pulling the strings on her corset. Her bare shoulders receive light brief kisses as her corset drops to the floor, by that time his pants and shirt had disappeared. She tries to cover herself with her hands, ashamed, but he gently takes her hands in his.

"You're beautiful." Caroline smiles and presses her mouth to his as her fingers wind into his short curls.

****

"The carriage is ready your highnesses." Both follow the guard outside and Klaus helps Caroline into the carriage, entering after her. "We'll be back at the castle in an hour."

"Thank you." Caroline and Klaus sit across from each other but she goes across before the carriage starts moving. "We're getting married tomorrow."

"That we are." He wraps an arm around her shoulder and Caroline curls into his chest. "Are you nervous?"

"Of course I'm nervous." She looks up and meets Klaus' eyes. "You aren't are you?"

"No." She smiles and presses her lips to his, their fingers intertwining and she smiles into the kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too." Caroline curls back into Klaus's chest as the carriage continues on to the castle.

****

"Caroline. I simply must borrow you." The second Caroline entered the castle Rebekah had snatched her from Klaus' arms. "Oh don't sneer at me brother."

"I was hoping to spend some time with her." Klaus crosses his arms over his chest as Rebekah rolls her eyes.

"You've spent time with her for 7 days Nik." Caroline smiles at both of the Mikaelson's before tugging Rebekah down the hall.

"Now what?" The blonde in front of her messes with her dress before answering Caroline.

"Prince Stefan is here." Rebekah shows her friend the sparkling ring the prince had given her as a gift. "Oh, Caroline he's everything I ever dreamed. He's a vampire too. Him and his brother."

"His brother?" Rebekah explains to Caroline about the Salvatore brothers. "How did their parents die?"

"Their carriage was attacked on their way to Paris." A knock is heard on the door and both girls' heads turn. "Enter."

"Your highnesses. Prince Stefan and Prince Niklaus." Both princes enter and the butler bows, exiting the room.

"Ah, Stefan I'd like you to meet Princess Caroline." Stefan bows and Caroline curtsies. "Fiance of my brother Niklaus. They are to be married tomorrow."

"Well, I wish you both a long marriage full of love and happiness." He smiles and then turns to Rebekah. "I was actually looking for you."

"Mother and father would like to speak to the both of you." Rebekah follows after Stefan, shutting the door behind her. "It's only been a few minutes and I missed you."

"As did I." His lips meet hers in a searing kiss as his fingers roam her waist, her fingers tangling in his curls.

"Goodnight." He leaves then, shutting the door behind him and she presses a few fingers to her lips, a smile coating them. "I'm getting married tomorrow."