Chapter 13: Reunion

Caroline lay on the bed that night, Klaus' arms wrapped around her, his breathing slow as he slept. She turned on her side to face him and saw how peaceful he looked when he slept. No angry lines or worry etched on his forehead. She reached up a hand and brushed the stray curl from his forehead, pulling away when he stirred. "You should be asleep."

"I know." His eyelids slide open and his blue eyes pierce hers. She takes a deep breath as he inches closer. "I love you."

"I love you too." Her heartbeat quickens when he reaches up and presses his lips to her forehead. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." He furrows his eyebrows so she continues. "I just miss my friends is all."

"Well, Elena is here if you'd like to see her." Caroline perks up at the name, remembering her best friend. "We- now?" Caroline nods and Klaus sighs but unwraps his arms from around the love of his life, climbing out of the bed. She follows after him down the winding hallways until they end up in front of another door. "Ready?" She nods and he knocks three times on the door.

"Come in." Caroline twists the doorknob and pushes the door open. Across the room sits Elena, her back to her as the brunette brushes her hair in front of the mirror. "Caroline?"

"Hi, Lena." Caroline laughs as her best friend embraces her.

"How long have you been back?" Elena backs up until she is sitting on her bed.

"Not even a day." Caroline crosses her arms over her chest and sighs. "I can't believe I'm back. It feels like it's been forever."

"Are you joking?" Elena laughs. "Esther said that you were only back in your time for a few days before being transferred here."

"Well, you guys have changed so much." The blonde gestures to Elena's much longer hair.

"I guess we have." She touches the end of her hair. "You know about Niklaus' blood problem then?"

"Yes. I uh... walked in on him feeding from a girl." Caroline laughs and Elena joins in. "He's better now."

"I'm glad." Her friend glances out the window. "I should get to sleep. It's really late."

"It is." Caroline stands up, placing her arms around Elena. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." The blonde starts walking towards the door. "Love you."

"Love you too." Caroline shuts the door behind her and walks back to her room.

_______

Okay I know, it's a short chapter but I'm using it as a filler because I'm honestly having writers' block on this story at the moment so, I apologize to anyone expecting a longer chapter. This is all that I could squeeze out right now. Hope you liked it and stay tuned for the next one.

Hugs and kisses,
Klarolineforevrr