Chapter 10 : Another Life

"I don't know. I just woke up and I was in my bed." Caroline paces back and forth in front of her best friend. "It felt so real Elena. Like it was this whole other life."

"So you and Klaus were getting married and right before you were about to kiss you woke up?" Caroline nods her head. "Why were you dreaming about marrying Klaus?"

"I don't think it was a dream. It- it felt way too real Elena." Caroline runs a hand through her curls and sighs. "I should talk to Bonnie."

"How is talking to her any different than talking to me?" Caroline gives Elena a look. "Oh."

"So I'll talk to Bonnie and see if her witchy magic can figure this out." Caroline pulls Elena into a hug. "I'm sorry about Damon though."

"Don't worry about it. I had a feeling this was going to happen." Caroline kisses her friend's cheek and then rushes out to find Bonnie.

****

"Okay, I have a theory. You're not from this time. You were a vampire in the 1700s and you were going to marry Klaus but someone bad got in the way and erased both of your memories as well as turned you human and sent you to our time." Bonnie catches her breath as soon as she's done talking. "It's an insane theory but it kind of makes sense, I mean you did move here when you were 17."

"If it is true then how do we reverse it?" Bonnie shakes her head.

"You can't." Both turn to face the voice and come face to face with a strange man. "Hello, Caroline."

"You look so familiar." Caroline gasps as an image runs through her mind. "Oh my god. You're the priest. The one who was marrying me and Klaus."

"Yes I was but that was a long time ago." Bonnie steps forward as if to prepare to attack but Caroline stops her with her hand.

"What do you mean I can't reverse it?" The man chuckles and throws his head back.

"I mean I chose a certain spell that prevents you from reversing it." Caroline speeds towards the man but he holds up a hand and she falls to the ground holding her head in pain. "You really shouldn't do that."

"Phesmatos-." Bonnie is silenced when the man mutters another spell under his breath and Bonnie falls to the floor, unconscious.

"Okay, now I'm going to snap your neck and leave." Caroline doesn't get to protest because she's sent into darkness.

****

"Ugh." Caroline rubs the side of her head and groans. She looks over and sees Bonnie lying on the ground, blood trickling from a wound on her head. "Bonnie?!" She rushes over and tears into her wrist, pressing it to her friend's mouth. The witch starts moving and then suddenly sits up. "Bonnie are you okay?"

"What- What just happened?" She rubs at her head and groans. "Who was that?"

"Someone from my past." Caroline helps the darker-skinned girl up as they both hear the door open behind them.

"Klaus." The blonde slowly turns around and meets those blue eyes, they're burning into hers. "I said to come back tomorrow."

"It is now Wednesday as my phone tells me." He holds out his phone and shows Bonnie the date.

"Holy crap. We were unconscious for a whole day." Bonnie starts shutting up her grimoires and stuffs them in her bag.

"What do you mean unconscious?" Klaus looks concerned and Bonnie rolls her eyes. "Tell me, witch."

"Some guy that apparently is from your past showed up and knocked the both of us out." She slides her bag onto her shoulder. "But not before giving us some vital information."

"Our past was erased. I was made human and sent to the future." Klaus looks confused. "I was a princess and you were a prince. We were going to be married but then we were attacked and that leads up to now."

"I'm not following."

"Did you have a strange dream last night? Maybe of one of our lives in the 1700s?" Recollection covers the hybrids' face.

"We had been betrothed to be married and you had been sent straight to our castle right after being told you were a princess," Klaus smirks. "No training whatsoever."

"I want to remember anything. The ways I felt, the way I felt towards you." Her eyes meet his towards the end of the sentence. "Bonnie, can you find a loophole?"

"I can try but Caroline," Bonnie meets Caroline's eyes when she turns her head towards hers. "Are you actually sure about this?"

"I am." She nods her head as she looks down at her hands. "I need to know Bonnie. You'd know how I feel if you got your memory wiped."

"Okay. I'll look through my grimoires and call you if I find anything." She pulls Caroline into a hug. "I just want you to be happy Care."

"Thank you, Bonnie." She squeezes her friend in response and leaves with Klaus after pulling away.