Chapter 4

***

***

Her eyes follow every person who enters their door from where she is seated. Heiran's dad would always want his lovely daughter to be always sat next to him. She started pulling at the small fray of her white dress. As always, Heiran's mom would dress her up like a doll every time her dad hosts a party at their mansion. This time, it's his birthday. She looks at her mom who seems to be unbothered by the all the guests swarming in their house like there is no tomorrow.

Classical music playing in the background and chatters of their guests are the only prominent sound she could hear. At the age of 7, she should be playing with her suppose friends but because her dad home schooled her and kept her in the house, she doesn't have any. She keeps telling herself that it's okay but she knew it wasn't. Her dad would always tie down her wings every time she tries to take flight.

All her father's guests tonight are familiar to her. They always attend his parties and sometimes, it confuses her why they want to be around people who doesn't even seem genuine. She's still steadily looking at the entrance when a man with a boy came in.

Heiran's dad immediately stood up greeting them differently. She saw how he greets his normal guests. He would just stand up and offer a handshake but this time, she finds it interesting that he himself walked to meet them. He hugged the man tightly and ruffled the boy's head.

She assumed they must be really close to make her father do that. They all walked to where she is seated in the living area. The boy sat just across her. He's wearing a button up shirt it's sleeves rolled up his elbow paired with dress pants and black shoes. He dresses differently from all the other boys who came with their parents here tonight. When her eyes met his, he instantly smiled and waved at her.

This is her first time having this kind of interaction so obviously she doesn't know what to do. She looked up at her father to seek answers for her dilemma at hand. A chuckle rumbled from him and smiled dearly at her.

"He's Seokjin, my bestfriend's son," he informed her.

She nodded and turned to the boy.

"Hello Seokjin," she formally greeted him.

The boy chuckled and grinned widely at her.

"Seokjin oppa for you," he teased.

Both men started laughing which made her confused so she corrected herself.

"Hello Seokjin oppa," she greeted again, her face stoic.

"Samchon, what is wrong with her?" Jin asked Heiran's father.

"What do you mean?" her father asked.

"Doesn't she know how to smile?" he obnoxiously asked.