Chapter 26

***

***

All night, he dreamt about Heiran. All night he wished for Heiran to come but she never did. He wakes up with a massive head ache and the constant churning of his stomach makes him want to just vomit everything but unfortunately, his stomach is empty.

He looks around and realize that he's home in their bed but Jisoo isn't around. She spent the night in another man's bed but really, Seokjin doesn't really need to know that.

He drags himself off the ned and checks the time, it's already 3 in the afternoon and he stinks. He's still wearing his suit and tie, his coat nowhere to be found. He dials Mirae's number and she picked uo instantly.

"What's my schedule today?" he asks without her even answering a 'hello'.

"Early dinner with Kangs at a five star hotel in Itaewon,"

"Okay, bring my car here at my new place," he said and ended the call

They arrived at the said hotel and Jin hastily made his way to the restaurant, not really paying attention to his pounding head.

"Good evening Mr. Seokjin," a Kang stood up to greet him.

He bowed and took the seat next to him. The food was already served and a waitstaff is helping him with the soup. He ignores her completely and was about to ask for a glass of wine when someone caught his eyes in particular.

Across their table is a pair of couple near the window. Jin's heart clenches at the sight of her. Heiran, his beloved ex-wife. Infront of her is Namjoon who's now slicing the steak for her. Air seems to be caught up in his throat as he watches the two happily eating.

"You know them right?" someone from the table asked him.

He seems to be at lost since he only just stared at the one who asked him.

"I watched their presscon yesterday, Ms. Heiran mentioned you being her close friend," the woman is so oblivious.

"Ahh, you must want to go and greet them. Go ahead, we're still just starting on the food," the other encouraged him.