Chapter 42

***

***

As much as Jin wants to attend this meeting that has urgent sign in his schedule, he is now running to Yuki's hospital room. Nurses and doctors let him through as they see his familiar face weaving through the crowd in the hospital hallway.

He finally reaches his destination and knocks, chest heaving and running out of breath.

Taehyung called him immediately once he saw it on the news. He was watching Jimin's latest drama and was just on commercial whne the flash news was on screen.

The door opens and Jin can see Heiran's tired face. He runs instinctly to her and hugs her tight.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? How's princess?" he asks her simultaneously.

Heiran pats his back and calms him down. Jin lets go of her and walks to a sleeping figure on the bed. Yuki's favorite stuffed toy is beside her incase she wakes up.

"She's fine now, we're just waiting for her to wake up," Heiran walks to where they are.

Jin shuts his eyes and seems to relax a bit. He releases a breath he's been holding since he was driving to the hospital.

"You look so dishelved," Heiran comments, making Jin run his hand through his hair in attempt to tame down his hair.

"It's fine Jin, I know you're worried too. But you could've came after you work," Heiran says.

"Yuki's more important," Jin says, kissimg the top of the little girl's head.

"We're still searching for the suspect. Police has confirmed that a female tried to abduct her," she fills him in.

Knowing Jin, Heiran already know he has already started making investigations himself. Although it only happened 3 hours ago, there is no doubt that Jin would be of help. It's his daughter's safety that was disturbed.

"Where's your husband?" Jin asks her, diverting the topic at hand.

Jin wants to talk about it once he has answers to Yuki's abduction.

"He's in his office," she answers.

Heiran remembers Jin's comoany and inte ds to ask him about it when Yuki wakes up.

"Mummy," her hoarsed voice makes them both snap their heads to her.

--

"Thank you papa," Yuki smiles at Jin.

"No problem baby, as long as your happy," Jin smiles at his daughter.

He can't explain the relief and love he's feelimg right now. If only he knew that having this joy in his heart would melt away every hate and sorrow that has built up over the past years.

"Can you remember her face?" Heiran was the one to talk now.

Yuki shakes her head and pouts.

"Sorry mummy,"

"It's okay sweetie, we don't have to rush," she smiles dearly at her.

Heiran's phone starts to ring and she immediately answers it.

"Babe, an emergency has come up in Hawaii. I need to fly tonight," Namjoon's voice speaks om the other line.

"Are you okay? You sound so tired," Heiran asks in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit worked up. Do you think you can handle everything there?" Namjoon asks.

"I can, just be safe. Yuki's awake, do you wanna talk to her?" she was about to hand Yuki her phone but the line goes off.

Heiran raises her brow in confusion. Namjoom never does that. He would always love to talk to her. Maybe he's busy.

"Daddy's flying tonight. He can't be with us," Heiran informs Yuki.

The girl immediately is upset making Jin worry.

"I-I'll be here, do you have something in mind to eat?" he asks.

"You'll stay?" Yuki's cheerful voice is back.

"Ofcourse, papa will stay," he confirms, making the girl smile widely.

"Mummy can we have pizza?" she asks Heiran.

Heiran looks at Jin.

"Okay," she nods.

Jim spent the night with them in the hospital. He thought Heiran wouldn't agree but she did. It wasn't really a bad idea to stay. He gets to spend more time with Yuki and gets to spend time with Heiran too.

He's just happy he's with them. He's happy he's with Heiran but he doesn't show. He makes it seem like he only stayed for hus daughter but in all reality, he also stayed for her.

Heiran steals glances from Jin eveey now and then. She can see the sparkle in his eyes. Those sparkle that was lost when they got married.

Heiran decides to not go in their past and looks away.

We're better off this way.

•••

Unedited

I'm back. We'll start light in the updates again. This book is near it's end so we better take it slow.

 This book is near it's end so we better take it slow

- Haeun