Chapter 40

***

***

"Are you okay?" were the words that came out of Heiran's lips. Jin stares at ger for a hot minute and waits for her to take it back but she didn't. Heiran stares back at him justbas hard as Jin is doing.

She doesn't even know why she's doing this but she never saw that look on his face. Not even when she insults him nor when they got divorced. To be fair, she didn't show up to any of the court trials and even when the judge asked for her appearance. She never really saw how Jin looked so lost during the court trials. Because of them being a high-profiled people, they got to have the court to themselves but even then, Heiran never showed up fearing that she might change her mind.

"I-I am," Jin stutters.

Heiran sighs and looks at the sky. They both listen to the waves and the breeze that touches their face. Jim does the same but looks at her sideways. He tries to comprehend what she's thinoing but to no avail. Heiran has become very hard to read now and that's because she's been very careful.

"Namjoon told him that two months before we came back here. She actually cried but Namjoon made sure she'll be fine," she fills in Jin with information she has never imagined of telling him.

"Namjoon was there for me when I gave birth to her. He was the one who took care of me and Yuki. He treated us like his own," she adds.

"Why haven't you told me? I could've been the one with you in there," Jin spoke quietly.

Heiran only scoffs.

"Do you think I can handle you and Jisoo? I was waiting for you to come home evry nigjt so I could tell you I was pregnant," this time, she feels like she's about to cry.

Seokjin lools away, already teary-eyed.

"I've been having pyschiatric therapies Jin. Because I was so messed up. I-I even tried to—" she trails off.

Jin looks at her direction with worry.

"What?" he seeks for continuation.

"I attempted to kill myself after I gaev birth to Yuki," Heiran admits and looks away.

Jin's heart starts to hammer against his chest and without second thoughts, he exits his car and walks around to open the passenger's side. He pulled Heiran out and crashed his body against hers.

"No, no Heiran. I'm so sorry, please don't ever do that again," he says, tears streaming down his face.

He almost dies internally at the thought of losing Heiran permanently. Now he's not afraid of anything, he just wants to hold her tight and close to him as physical as possible. He doesn't care if someone's around or.if someone might see them. All he cares about is the woman he yearns for every night. Heiran's breathing stops as he hears Seokjin sob, his face burried on the crook of her neck.

Her mind is already sendimg warnings and red flags are floodimg her mind but her body stays still, comfortable even. Her hand hesitates to rub his back so she clutches her sleeves as she remains still.

"Jin, why are you crying?" she asks.

Jin lets go and cups her face, revealing his bloodshot eyes and quivering lips. He has never been this vulnerable infromt of anyone but he feels safe in her eyes. She searches his soul, and she can feel how Jin has been missing her.

"I can't lose you Heiran. Not just because of Yuki but because—" he stops when he realizes what he's doing.

"What Seokjin, tell me," Heiran says even though she's afraid to know what it is.

Instead of Jin giving his answer, he suddenly drops his hands and steps back. Heiran's face falls disappointed.

What a coward.

--

"Noona? What are you doing here in the office at this hour?" Jungkook looks up at his sister through his glasses.

He has been flooded with files since this morning and he's on his last file to review when Heiran came in. She opens the minibar and pulls out a bottle of alcohol which Jungkook immediately snatches away from her.

"No, you're not allowed to drink this," Jungkook puts the bottle back.

Heiran shuts her eyes and leans on the back of the couch. Jungkook leans on the fixture adjacent to her and fold his arms over his chest.

"Tell me," he urges his sister.

"I think I'm going crazy," Heiran sats with a monitoned voice.

"Aren't you already?"

"Yah!"

Jungkook clicks his tongue and looks at her.

"Noona, do you remember what you've always told me and Jimin hyung when we were kids?" Jungkook asks.

Heiran looks at him.

"Always be yourself," Jungkook grins and pats Heiran's head.

She looks at Jungkook's figure going back to her former chair where she had been tied to for long years.

"Are you okay with your job here?" she asks him.

"I'm having lots of fun noona, don't worry," Jungkook reassures.

Heiran walks over to Jungkook and opens the folder.

"What is this Jungkook? Why were you spying on Jin?" she suddenly asks. Seeing these photos of him and his stocks has gotten her interest.

"Out of curiousity. Jin hyung's company has been really off lately. I've recently signed a contract with him as business partners. At first, his management was fine but over the years, it's been getting worse and worse. You see, those reports were the genuine ones while the one he's been sending me were different,"

Heiran studies how high his stocks have been from his copy but the other one says otherwise.

"He's been very partcular with everything. How is this possible?" Heiran wonders as she flips through the pages.

"Who's this share holder with a 40%?" she asks.

"That's what I'm wondering about. How is Jin hyung allowing a person to have that much shares? I think something's going on in his company," Jungkook answers. "All those informations are from the company's private investigator. I don't know what has been happening and it got me curious since we'll be affected if something goes wromg over there. I mean I still hate him but business is business," he adds.

"Call Mirae first thing in the morning, tell her to report here after her work. His father might learn this anytime soon, he'll be so upset once Jin fails. He never fails h even once," she says as she reads the files over again.

She's never the one to meddle into other's business but she saw how Jin worked hard to make his company grow she helped there too and she knows how hard it is to please Jin's father.

For old time's sake, she'll try to figure this out.

•••

Unedited