Chapter 15

***

***

Soojin watches Jungkook maneuver in Minjae's kitchen in familiarity. He still remembers where Minjae likes things and Soojin finds that peculiar. She stares at his back annoyed at what he did to her bestfriend. When she heard about what he did, she was beyond angry. She felt betrayed because Jungkook promised Minjae to never do something stupid. He does occassionally back then but the stupidity he did was on a whole new level.

She glances back to Minjae who's still unconscious but her fever is now going down. She decides to leave her and rest for now and hopefully have a decent chat with Jungkook without trying to pull his eyeballs out of its sockets. She sat down on the table and watches Jungkook sautee onionand garlic making the whole apartment smell good.

"Since when did you learn how to cook?" she asked from behind.

Jungkook looked back at her shrugged.

"Since we broke up," he answered quietly.

Soojin nodded and tilted her head to the side.

"I'm surprised you actually came to your senses after you broke up," she obnoxiously said.

Jungkook just sighed loudly completely affected by all the words Soojin has been throwing at him.

"Aren't you going to defend yourself?" Soojin again pushed.

"No, it's my fault and I admit it. That's why I'm here trying to fix things and I'm hoping it's not too late,"

Soojin nearly scoffed but seeing him here actually makes her anger boil down. She can hear the sincerity in his voice and she knows Jungkook well to know if he's lying. And this time, he's actually speaking the truth.

"She nearly gave up as a trainee," she instead diverted the topic.

Jungkook finished cooking and closed the pot's lid to let it have time for carry-over cooking.

He walked to sit infromt of Soojin on the table and leaned back on the chair.

"Why?" he asked even though he knew the answer.

"She suddenly stopped dreaming," she answered with a sad voice.

She remembers those days where Minjae would actually run herself to the hospital due to ulcer and that she would actually faint on the hospital's lobby.

"It's my fault," Jungkook lowers his head down.

"Damn yeah it is," Soojin again rolled his eyes at him.