Chapter 44

***

***

Namjoon walks through the front door quietly trying not to attract attention. He failed miserably when the woman sits cross-legged by the couch and taps her foot. The stern look on her face makes Namjoon regret he even came here again.

"Where the hell have you been?" she asks Namjoon.

"I told you, my daughter was nearly kidnapped and I've been in the hospital," he shrugs and sits right across her.

The woman stands up, ignoring his excuse and hands him the folders. "Here, take them. I've done all I could to get the largest shares. Now do your part, Heiran is an easy target,"

He was about to talk when he heard a soft cry and immediately knew who she was. He stood up and towers over the woman, intimidating her.

"How dare you?!" he says and pushes the woman over to run to the locked room.

The woman pulls at his wrist making him stop and look into her eyes wildly.

"She is sick and in grave condition Jisoo! How dare you drag my daughter into this?! You promised me," Namjoon seethed.

"Oh stop with the nonsense Namjoon, you know she's not your daughter. She is Seokjin's and you're still owning her as if she's your own blood," she rolls her eyes, mocking him.

Namjoon pulls at his wrist aiming for the door making Jisoo scoff.

"Don't tell me you're casually bringing her to the hospital without Heiran questioning you. For all I care, she's already with the police searching for the child,"

Namjoon didn't listen. He was about to twist the knob but then stopped at what Jisoo said.

"You said you wanted her money, stop being such an idiot and calm the fuck down,"

--

"Hyung! You know Namjoon has nothing to do with this," Taehyung pulls at his cousin's shoulder, stopping him from going berserk in Namjoon's office.

The lights are on and he can see Namjoon's figure walking in circles inside his room.

"I need to see for myself," he calmly collects himself and goes his way.

He opens the door to a Namjoon calmly looking through his drawers. His head peers up to see Seokjin closing the door.

"What can I help you with?" he asks calmly. "I'm quit busy now, my flight is within an hour and I can't find my passport," he continious to rummage through his drawer although he knew where he last left it.

"Don't you know? Yuki's missing," Seokjin declares.

Namjoon snaps his head up, worry written all over his face.

"What?!" he asks and pushes past Seokjin.

He follows suit and observes Namjoon. He seems to be earily calm and knows what he's doing. Once they're in the elevator, Namjoon looks straight ahead and smirks.

"I'll go meet Heiran," Namjoon enters his car and ignores Seokjin completely.

"I told you," Taehyung points out and pulls him along.

Namjoon speeds through the road and dials Heiran's number but his call goes sttaight to her voicemail. Namjoon's brows comes together wondering why Heiran doesn't pick up. He let's that slip and continous driving, hoping he'll keep his image intact.

By the time he reaches the hospital, police are already there investigating and Heiran just came back from looking for Namjoon. She sees him coming and stamds up immediately.

"Where have you been?" she asks him without a hint of knowledge on what he's up to.

"I've looking for my passport in my office," he makes an excuse.

"It's with me," she says and hands him his passport.

Namjoon hugs Heiran tightly startling her but she hugs back nonetheless. To Heiran it might feel like Namjoon is only comforting her and giving her strength but to Namjoon, his guilt is already eating him.

"We'll find her," Namjoon reassures making Heiran hug her tighter.

Seokjin as always, watches from the side and pretends he's not feeling anything or even paying attention. In reality, he's already itching to pull Namjoon away from her.

Why would he even think that Namjoon would be the one to take Yuki?

"Hyung, the detective is here," Taehyung calls for his attention.

Namjoon looks their way and pulls Heiran with him to where the detective is. All of them waits forbthe detective's report.

"We have a lead ma'am, a white Sedan was found lingering around the hospital. We have a strong feeling it might be the owner of the car who took your child,"

Heiran looks at the phoyo but doesn't recognize the car so she passes it to them. Namjook continous to act cool while he stares at the photo, Seokjin and Taehyung looks over his shoulder.

"Here, maybe you recognize this car," he passes it to them and looks away.

They both seem to not recognize it so they hands it back to the detective.

"We don't recognize the car," Taehyung says.

The detective nods and bids his good bye reassuring them that they'll be able to find the kidnapper in no time.

Namjoon enters the hospital room and Heiran is suppose to follow him when Seokjin pulls at her arm.

"We need to talk,"

•••

•••