Luncheon

Betthany's pov

It's silent on the field. All eyes are on me. I get to make this penalty kick. Now or never. I take my steps back and then charge, I pull my leg back and spring it forward. I watch the ball soar into the goal. The crowd screams and my team piles on me.

That was first quarter, as I walk of for half time, number eight from the other team glares at me, and maybe I should've been worried. I was too cocky.

A knock on the door pulls me from reminiscing. I groan and get up. I'm surprised to see Cameron standing on the other side of the door.

"Wow what do I owe the honors to this pleasant visit." I say rolling my eyes and leaning on the door. He rolls his eyes as well and then holds out a few envelopes.

"Keep your shit in your mail box." I stand up straight and snatch the mail from him.

"Well don't let my shit get in your mail box in the first place." he laughs and runs his tongue over his teeth, crossing his arms.

"Man don't you deserve comeback of the year award." I smile.

"I do get a lot of awards, just have to add yours to the collection." Curiosity dances across his eyes and he bites his lip.

"So you got a lot just sitting there collecting dust, useless?" I shrug.

"Yeah I mean it's the past, so I mean, I like new things." he smirks and nods.

"And what happens when they lose their 'new'?" I shrug.

"I usually get a new one by then. But I have to go, I actually have to go film." I awkwardly wave goodbye to Cameron and shut the door. I can't help but feel like Cameron steered our conversation off topic, but still kept the topic. There was a second meaning to his words.

Grace's pov

Sushi. the world worst thing in the world. Gross alive fish. I watch as Nash digs into his food, eating certain pieces and pushing others aside.

"You don't like sushi do you?" he asks and I shake my head.

"Never have." I didn't order any sushi. I didn't want to waste his money. Yeah sure I wasn't fond of him, but I wasn't going to waste his hard earned money on expensive raw fish that I'll never eat. So I got a salad.

"Have you tried it." I look to the napkin I'm absentmindedly folding. The answer is never said aloud, but he knows it's a 'no' from me.

"What I thought. So tell me about yourself." I raise my eyebrow at him.

"My life is on YouTube." He smiles.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean I watch them." I smile sarcastically a him and lean in.

"Let me let you in on a little secret." Nash looks up and laughs but then returns his blue eyes to mine.

"Everyone watches our videos, even if you don't mean to." his eyes go wide.

"No way oh my god, you're so cool." I smile triumphantly.

"I know, crazy isn't it."

"You wanna know a secret too?" I tuck my hair behind my ear and narrow my dark eyes at him.

"Go on, I'm listening." I say staring at him intently.

"Everyone watches my videos after yours. Meaning their videos bore you so they go to mine." I run my tongue over my teeth. Though I don't have much interest in Nash. I will say his sarcastic sense of humor has me smiling.

"Well let's make a deal, if you watch my videos, I'll watch yours." Nash smiles real big making me laugh. he extends his hand and I shake it.

"Sounds like a deal Ms. Grie- Grace." he stumbles. Ms. Grier. Awe how cute Nash is the kind of guy who sees a girl in his future, yeah haha... not cute at all.

"I'll have to be around a lot longer to be called that mr. Grier." I say straightening my shirt. He raises a brow at me.

"You plan on staying around longer?" I shake my head.

"No no, I'm a business women, I don't do commitment." Nash nods and the waiter Brings the tab. We both reach for it. He looks at me and smiles shaking his head, dimples clear for all eyes.

"Uh no." I laugh and pull on the tab.

"Uhm yes." he groans.

"Grace you got rabbit food, let me pay." After thinking, I finally sigh and realize, I have met my match at stubbornness. Nash pays and we leave the place. The wind blows my hair around and Nash moves it out of my face for me. His fingers move softy as he gently moves the hair around my ears. It's silent for a while.

--

As Nash and I walk up to our apartments he stops.

"Grace, you're not the least bit interested in starting a relationship with me?" I stop and give him a small smile. I shake my head softly. He sighs and nods.

"You don't know me." he says flatly and I shrug.

"Well maybe I'd like to get to know you, the real you, not Nash Grier social media king." he smiles.

"I'm a king." I roll my eyes

"Dont ruin the moment." he shrugs and runs his hand through his hair.

"So will you let me take you out again sometime soon?"

"Well if I have too..." I say dramatically, he playfully pushes me.

"Go record your dumb YouTube videos Jennings."

"Go tweet people Grier." I walk inside and shut the door. Betthany comes sliding in the room in her stupid soccer socks. She smiles real big.

"So how'd it go? Did you guys kiss? Where'd he take you, is he charming." I set my purse on the counter and sigh.

"Well, he was nice and sarcastic and stubborn and handsome and charming. He was Nash Grier. What do you expect?" Betthany frowns and walks away.

"Did you go play soccer?" I shout. She doesn't answer me, I don't even know why I ask, it's a touchy subject for her.

I smile and throw myself on my bed, thinking about new youtube video ideas that Nash had made me think of. Him and his blue eyes, damn him.