Like Glass

I run out of our place not even bothering to lock the door. I sprint to my car and speed off to Jack's. I'm going way over the speed limit and I'm driving recklessly, a stupid thing but I can't go slow right now.

My skin feels like fire as I burst through the doors of Jack's mansion. Johnson is the first to great me.

"Get the fuck out of my way." I say through my teeth as I climb the stairs to Sammy's room. I bump into jack as I speed through the hallway, unfortunately his strong arms hold me in place. Standing still makes me burn.

"Whoa whoa sweet heart whats the rush." I yank my arms from his grip. Sammy's door opens and I peer around jack.

"Where the hell is she!" I yell jack grabs me again. Sammy jumps and looks at me confused.

"who?" I glare and jack grips my jaw forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"who? Where is who?" His voice is soft but his face is stern. I can't force the serenity his touch gives me. So I yet again pull away and take a step back. Pain flashes in his eyes.

"Grace!" I croak. "Grace left." I say and I watch the color drain from Sammy's face. Sammy clearly is fresh out of the shower. Within the blink of an eye he is on his phone and out the front door. Jack holds my shoulders and looks me in the eye.

"He's gonna find her, don't worry. C'mon lets go." He starts to lead me to the living room but I don't follow.

"I don't wanna just relax or 'chill'. She's my Best friend and Grace wouldn't just leave like that!" I shout throwing my hands out in front of me. Jack bites his lip searching for the right thing to say. 

"Bee, she can handle herself." I shake my head and back away. Not the words he was supposed to say. I rush out before he can stop me. 

I drive aimlessly through L.A. I have no idea where to search or where to even begin. Jack is blowing up my phone, I end up turning it off. 

"I swear to god Grace if you come back I'm going to murder you." I say as I shift my car into drive and pull out of the parking lot I was sitting in. 

Driving home my mind builds up this false hope that grace will be back sitting on the couch, maybe even Nash will be over. Or I'll get a call from Sammy saying he found her.  

The apartment is dead silent. It's cold and feels empty. I don't know how to handle it. I know it's late and I should go to bed, but if I were to lie down right now, I'd only be thinking about grace. How long is a while, where did she go? Why so sudden? why didn't she call me or text me.  

I throw a pillow, that sits next to me, against the wall, knocking a few things on the floor and breaking them. Glass shatters everywhere. 

"Goddammit." I groan and stand up. A knock erupts from the door. 

"Betthany? Grace? Is everything okay?" I hear a voice say and I cant help but feel the smile tug on my lips. A very concerned Nash stands on the other side of the door. His worry fade a smidgen when I give him a warm smile. 

"Oh yeah of course, everything is fine and dandy." I nod cheerfully at him. He raises a brow but then his doubt subsides.I take in his posture and I notice the bags of random food items. His eyes follow mine and then he chuckles.

"Cam and I are filming another challenge, this time we hope he doesn't cut his foot...again." I laugh and nod in memory. Nash's apartment door opens and a shirtless Cameron peers out. I look away immediately to avoid blushing. Cameron's eyes meet mine and then he licks his lips.

"Are you okay?" I almost laugh. No I'm absolutely not okay, your buddy here is gullible, my best friend who is like my other half is missing and this hot bad guy wants me dead, so no I'm not. 

"Yeah I'm fine, just some broken glass." I point behind me with my thumb. Nash walks into their place but Cameron steps out, shutting the door behind him.

"Betthany don't lie to me." I shake my head and crack my knuckles continuously, nervous habit.  I let my hair cover my face as I walk into my apartment, knowing cam is following me. He shuts that door too. I stand with my back away from him afraid my face is too easy to read. So I rush to start sweeping up the broken glass. Cameron's strong grip removes the broom from my shaking hands and grabs my wrists. It's then that I look at him. His hard features soften.

"Betthany," He coos "What is wrong." My lip trembles as I fight the urge to spill every last detail. 

"Nothing." I say my voice betrays my words. Cameron shakes his head and as if his eyes have this key, he unlocks the doors, and I begin to cry. Cameron wraps me into his warm bare arms and his warmth relaxes my tense shaking shoulder. 

"Shes left." I finally get out and cam gently pulls us to the couch. we sit and he hands me the tissue box. 

"Who?" He says softly, cautiously 

"Grace." I say like he is supposed to know, but then I apologize.

"Grace just ran off, and I have no idea where, and for how long." I say and he rubs my arm. 

"Why is it such a big deal? What's a matter if she goes off?" He asks slowly. I want to tell him about Neil. That's exactly why I'm worried about her, but I dare not drag him into this drama. So I have to yet again come up with a lie. 

"Because, it's irresponsible, and we have YouTube, we have fans. I can't just have grace running off to god knows where doing god knows what!" I exclaim. Cameron sighs and is silent for a while. 

"Do you have any idea where she might have gone?" I shake my head. I wait for him to tell me to relax that it'll be okay. What he says makes my heart jump

"Why don't we go and look for her, if that's what it takes to make you feel better then we will go out and search." I sit there with my eyes wide, shocked at his response. Then I think about Nash waiting in their place for Cameron, their YouTube video that I'm holding up. I run my hand through my hair and look at Cameron. He waits. 

"Cameron, you're the best, but I'm holding up your video, I've already searched for her, so it'd be no use." Cameron rolls his eyes.

"Betthany stop being stubborn, I stupid YouTube video can wait, my attention and focus is on you, 100 percent." I smile and shake my head, placing my hand on top of his.

"Cameron thank you for offering but I've already done it, you don't have to." He sighs and shakes his head giving out a short laugh.

"I'll never win will I?" I shake my head. "Listen I can't just leave you here, why don;t you come over to our place, help us film and I'll make my famous chicken enchiladas?" His face brightens and I can't help but say yes and honestly I don't want to be alone. I start to grab the broom again but Cameron shakes his head. 

"I got it, go on over to our place." I start to open my mouth but Cameron places his index finger on my lips. he shakes his head and then points to the door. 

"If I go you win." I say sitting on the couch as I watch him sweep. With each swipe his back and arm muscles flex. If this was any other situation I'd be dying, but I couldn't help but think about what grace was doing?  What she was seeing, could she see?

As we walk to their apartment, I stop Cameron. 

"How did you know I was upset?" He gives me a small smile.

"Betthany I can see right through you like glass."