Flashback

"I can't believe you are actually agreeing to going?" I say running the comb through my perfectly straightened hair once more. It was our first week here at ucf, why in the hell did I chose a college across the country from my home? I honestly don't have an answer to that. But here I am in a dorm with my best friend about to go to a party.

It took a lot of begging and I'll make your bed for a week or two and blah blah. So finally she told me to shut the fuck up, we'd go.

"Grace we look hot." I say moving her out of the mirror with my hip so I can look myself over. she scoffs

"Yeah okay, now can we please move along, so we can walk in, you can hate it and then we can come back here." I roll my eyes and walk out of the dorm.

"You can't judge things before you even try them." I watch as she cocks her hip out and places her hand on it.

"Well we all know what happens at parties." she says matter-of-factly. I huff and walk away.

"Scared of a little marijuana." I tease her and she shakes her head, sticking her nose on the air.

"No."

--

When we arrive at the frat house, I remember the feeling in my stomach. The excitement and the knowing that it was bad, just the adrenaline. I knew what we were walking into.

Grace has her guard up I can tell, the way her dark eyes are plain. Her face is held behind a mask.

The music is loud and thankfully the party has already been going on for some bit, so it's not awkward.

"Hmm let's see two girls, very beautiful if I might add, in vans. Now those are my type of girls." a voice says behind us and I hear a few grunts of agreement. We both turn around to see a group of very attractive men. The dark haired one standing in the middle smiles at me, but it isn't a genuine smile, it's straight up seductive.

"Welcome to the party." he says giving me a side hug, grace just looks at us both shocked.

"Neil told me all about you ladies." grace crosses her arms.

"Did he now? What exactly did he tell you?" Neil's friend snickers and another male comes up, this one has blonde hair and is shorter. A joint is freshly lit, and is held between his lips.

"Hey why don't you come hang with us. Get these girls something to drink." I look to grace for approval, but she's already walking with them.

Grace sits on the couch and a hazel eyed boy makes his way and sits next to her.

"How's your handling of alcohol?" one asks, I know grace is good with hers, me on the other hand, I like to avoid it. grace shrugs and takes a Dixie cup. the dark haired boy with a razor sharp jaw line smiles at me.

"You look like a blunt girl." I shake my head.

"I don't do blunts, only joints." he raises a perfect brow. it's only us talking when I felt like everyone was staring at us.

"If Neil didn't tell you already. I'm jack. that's Johnson over there, the one baked in the corner is Nate, and the one with your friend is sammy." I look at each of the boys, making sure to meet their eyes.

"Now how's your rolling skills?" I shrug and jack smirks. He moves behind me, straddling my back, he leans over me and pulls out rolling paper and brushes some of the grass over to us. His hands are large and they engulf my own.

Jack had this ability to just pull me away, to obscure what was around us and make it just him and I. Maybe that's why I stayed by his side.

You take two very well behaved girls as throw them into a life of excitement where you're living on edge, constantly running, but for a fun purpose. when nothing matters and you don't care. You're just free. that's what they did.

I remember the first time I stepped on the drag strip. Jack was in front of me, but I told him I was fine and he was ruining my reputation. So he walked behind me.

I probably should've listened to grace, we probably should've never gone to that party. Because grace has a mild hangover the next morning, and that night, Neil decided to go a little insane. The one night we chose to break bad, was the night Neil came in with a gun, he'd had too much to drink and he was damn near stoned. He wasn't lucid and, he said so many things, that we weren't supposed to hear. Secrets that had been kept for a long while. After they had often Neil under control jack had turned to me and gave a sheepish smile.

"Whoops, well this isn't how first impressions should go."

we didn't know it, but that night tattooed us into the life we live now, and we didn't even have a choice.