Message

"Didn't think you'd come home." Grace says. She's in her pajamas spread out on the couch watching chopped. I'm in too much of a good mood for her to ruin it.

"Well I'm back." I set my bag down and bounce to my room. Grace doesn't like that her sour words had no affect on me so she follows after me.

"Uhm what's wrong with you?" I plop down on my bed and smile up at her.

"Cameron kissed me." She blinks a few times and then groans. I just shrug her off and proceed to think about Cameron.

"Betthany-"

"No grace I'm not allowing you the gratitude of spoiling my happy moments. Let me be." Pain flashes through graces face and I feel a pang of pain myself.

"Look bee, you think I "spoil" your mood on purpose, no it's called reality that I'm bringing you back down to. Do you just drain your brain of everything?" At first I'm not really comprehending what she's talking about. Then it clicks. I can't be involved with Cameron. I'm dangerous. Grace sighs and shuts my door when she walks out. I lay flat on my bed. Tears escape my eyes silently as I wish for a different life. I don't bother turning my bedroom lights on, it's dark but the room is lit up by the moon.

-----

"Betthany! Grace! I watch your videos practically every day, I love you girls so much." The fan says bringing us into a group hug. Grace and I thank the girl take pictures and sign some things before the next fan is there to tell us the same thing.

"Grace I love your style so much, you're gorgeous." Grace blushes and thanks the girl. "Can I ask a question?" Grace nods.

"How come we never see you and sammy out anymore? Y'all were goals." Grace stiffens, but fakes a smile.

"Him and I aren't dating anymore. Sometimes it's just not meant to be." Grace says and I feel her heart just fold in on itself. The fans gives grace a big hug and then we move on with the usual routine. At the end of the tiring day a figure lingers in the back. Grace is busy reading her phone but then she quickly looks up. She swiftly maneuvers around ropes and the tables. I walk closer to get a better view. I feel my muscles tense, I could point out that figure a mile away. I didn't know what to feel seeing him, I knew we weren't on the best terms, and I also knew that I didn't want him to be anywhere near me.

"Uhm why are you here?" I ask interrupting what looked to be a very serious conversation. They both look up at me like they had forgotten I was there? Jacks face is too confusing to read but he looks on edge.

"Jack has some important information, he needs to tell me." I cross my arms and cock my hip out

. "And I can't hear this news either?" Grace looks to jack and shrugs.

"Sure why not, we've heard some rumors going around that Neil is not trying to attack, he's gaining Intel he's got spies. So it'd be best if you watched your back. It's like the paparazzi and fans sneaking pictures of us, except this is life threatening." My mind travels to cameron and I, we always walk around the park, it's a public place. They'll know my ties with Cameron and use him against me.

"Well do we know of any spies." Jack shakes his head. He rubs his chin and then whispers something into graces ear. She scoffs.

"Is that really a good idea?" Jack stays silent, grace rolls her eyes and walks off. Great, she's ditched me.

"Betthany, I saw the pictures. Are you two together together?" I don't let his words bother me, I use logic and not emotions for his reason to ask.

"No we are not dating, yet. Is that all?" Jack licks his lips and smiles.

"Are you staying out of trouble?" I nod. He laughs. "C'mon bee, I know you sneak out to the races. Please at least carry a gun with you. Tell someone you're there." I can't help but smile at him, he's being all motherly.

"Yes mother, I'll text you when I leave my room too." Jack rolls his eyes but pushes me playfully.

"Hey I'm sorry I was a dick the other morning, I had a lot on my plate." I just nod.

"Don't we all." I start to walk away but he clears his throat.

"Tell grace that, I'm sorry about her and sammy, he hasn't been home since, I know he's coming and going, but I swear when I see him-"

"Jack that's nice of you, but I'm fine, cmon Betthany we're leaving." Grace gently grabs my arm and pulls me away.

As grace drives us home her heartache is tangible. It's shocking to see her like that, I didn't realize how strongly she felt for sammy. I open my mouth to say something but grace beats me to it.

"No, I'm fine. He's avoiding Jack because he knows how Jack is, he's a fucking coward." She slams her hand down on the top of the steering wheel. I think we all want to take our turn at him. He deserves a major ass whopping.

"Grace what do you think Neil has planned, if he's just getting Intel?" She turns the car off and looks at me.

"It means that he's soaking up all the information he can get and use it against us, meaning he has something big planned. I Shudder and get out of the car. It's a cool night in L.A.

"I'm hungry and don't feel like cooking, should we get some McDonald's?" I shrug. "In-n-out sounds better, but let me put my stuff up." Grace nods and follows me up to our place. Grace is kind and takes my bag in for me so I wait out in the hallway. A sound carries from the end of the hallway. I look up to see cam digging through a stack of mail in his large hands. He looks up suddenly causing me to look away immediately. He is finally infront of me. He slips his head phones out.

"Meet and greats, fun right." I scoff and he smiles. Suddenly he snaps his fingers

"Oh yeah, a man stopped by asking for you and grace." I stand up straight.

"What man?" He shrugs

"Tall, stubble, he had these like eyes and dark hair, hey are you okay?" Cameron says moving closer to me. I nod and rub my temples.

"He said to give you this message. It was odd. I didn't tell him anything. But you should probably get back to him, he looks.. important."

"What's the message?" I ask warily as grace steps out of our place. She locks the door.

"He said, that he's got something that will have your best interest. That's all he said for me to tell you if I saw you." Grace covers her mouth.

"Dear god."