Truth

Jacks pov

Betthany was vibrant as she dragged me through the crowded streets. Her dark hair was blowing behind her, sometimes smacking me in the face hitting me with her familiar vanilla smell. I didn't mind. Her tan skin was glowing, and I would never tell her but her cheeks had filled out. She looked beautiful.

"Jack are you listening to me?" I blink a few times to see her staring at me. I nod.

"Yeah babe, 'course." She rolls her eyes and slides her hand out of mine. With her arms over her chest and her lips formed into a pout. I smirked and grabbed her by the chin.

"I think someone needs an attitude adjustment." Her lips tease mine as she brushes them swiftly against mine.

"Jack we have soooo much to do, if you're gunna slow me down..." I place my hand over my heart and gasp.

"Wow, I really feel the love." Something twinkles in her eye but disappears.

"Oh cmon, you know you wanna go look for-" I zone her out, because behind her a ways away a familiar vehicle disappears. Neil's car. I want to go after him yet I don't want to alarm betthany, and leaving her alone is a mistake I will never make. I look around for any things she could do herself and stay safe without locking her in a cell.

"Hey look a tattoo shop." I blurt, stupid idea, real smart Jack. She looks at me confused.

"You always talk about that hip tattoo you want, why don't you choose one and surprise me." She is still a little confused but nods slowly.

"Okay okay, I'll go. What are you going todo?" I shrug.

"I'll find something, don't worry about me." Betthany nods and I kiss her quickly. I wait to make sure she's safely inside before I walk off. Lifting my shirt up I slide my gun securely into my hand. God if Betthany new I had my gun on me that whole time I would've gotten an earful.

Sure enough Neil's corvette is parked and a door is slightly ajar. With quiet footsteps I position myself outside the door.

"Does she know you're here yet?" Neil's obvious voice asks.

"No sir, I'm working on that." A familiar voice replies, I just can't figure out who.

"You're loyal, I like that. I will remember it later on, as for now, carry on out the mission. Betthany won't suspect anything when it comes to you, and that's the best element we have: surprise." I begin to feel my blood battle between feeling like ice and fire. Footsteps are audible. "Wait cameron, tell me one thing." I almost explode with rage.

"Anything sir."

"Do you really have feelings for Betthany? Did you really enjoy her company." It's silent for a few seconds.

"Betthany's an enjoyable person, anyone would enjoy her company, she's a well rounded girl. She's funny, but no feelings for her sir, she loves Jack, Betthany said it herself." My heart soars but is quickly brought back down as Neil lets out a humph and the footsteps get louder. I quickly look to my surroundings, probably should've done this before. A dumpster is to my left and I quickly dive behind it. Just in time, Neil walks outside in a leather jacket and shades. Cameron stand in the door way watching Neil drive off. As soon as Neil is out of sight I spring at cameron. With a gun in one hand, I manage to grab cameron by his shirt. It's an unfair fight truly, I have a gun, I'm bigger and stronger, I almost- almost- pity him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing." Instead of fighting for his life, which I will end shortly, he smiles.

"Im doing what all of you couldn't." I slam him harder against the wall.

"You fucking used her! Betthany, my baby girl." I scream into his face. "What are you going to do to her? Kill her?" Cameron gulps and attempts to shrug.

"I will take the necessary measures to follow through. No matter what. Besides, you of all people new Neil was using spies. Jack I suggest you let me go, it's not like you're not working with Neil either."

"I'll tell you what I can do, I can shoot a bullet right up your ass." Cameron sighs and closes his eyes.

"It wouldn't be wise to kill me, I am still cameron Dallas." He's right, he fucking knows it. Through rage I am able to regain my sense. I grit my teeth and throw him on the ground.

"I'm telling Betthany." I say before walking off. Cameron shrugs.

"She's not going to believe you." And somewhere deep inside I knew, he was right. But what would I do with myself if I had never told her.

Betthany's pov

I stare down at my hip, it once was bare is now covered in a very meticulous design. A vine with branches and twists all over, it's truly a work of art.

"I love it." I say smiling down on it.

After they wrapped my hip in Saran Wrap I slide my skirt back up. Jack walks into the parlor as I grab my receipt. He smiles but something is brewing in his dark eyes.

"Well where is it?" He asks and I smile.

"I'm all wrapped up." Jack runs his tongue over his teeth.

"So I get to tear your clothes off and unwrap you, I'm excited." I place my palms against his chest.

"You have to finish my tour of the city."

"Or the tour of your body." He says cheekily. I roll my eyes.

"You've got it memorized." He shakes his head.

"Not now, you've got a new edition." I huff and cross my arms. Jack sighs seeing he won't win this battle.

"Fine lets go finish this tour."

---

It's late and I can hear distant birds and other wild life outside. The French doors are open letting the hot but comforting breeze fill the room. Jack lays on the bed wrapped in the comforter.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks. I step away from the doors and pull my satin robe tighter around me as I walk over to his side.

"So much that I can't put it into words." Jack sits up and grabs my arms pulling me onto his lap.

"Try me." I do I want to tell him exactly what I'm thinking, but I know better.

"Well I'm thinking about grace and Sammy, if they are back together or not. I'm thinking about the race, if I'm going to race or not, is grace gunna? Is there a soccer game going on anywhere? How are nash and cameron doi-"

"You don't need to worry about them." He says sternly. His tone causes me to go stiff and catches me off guard. He's hiding something.

"Why, Jack what is going on?" Jack stares at me for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

"Cameron, he's not a good guy. He's all bad, he was using you, he still is and you don't notice. I don't want to watch you get hurt." I don't really know how to respond, I should feel mad, I should probably listen to him, but I just can't see cameron being the bad guy. I'm too tired to argue with him. So I stay silent and lay my head on his chest.

"I'm too tired Jack." I say yawning. Jack softly smiles and throws the blanket over me.

"Cameron told me you loved me." He says, the L word makes my eyes snap open. I look up at him.

"Is that true?" I avoid his eyes, it wasn't till I said it aloud to grace that I realized through all this time, I was afraid to face the truth that I did in fact love him, because I had always known once you loved someone they just broke your heart. I bit on my lip.

"Are you going to break my heart?" I ask. Jack cups my face and runs his thumb back and forth along my cheek.

"I'd only be breaking my own as well." I smile at him and sigh.

"Yes Jack, I do love you." Jacks eyes go wide and his features soften. He grabs my face with both his hands and kisses me.

"I love you too Betthany stevens." I snuggle down against jacks chest, both of us grinning like little kids, but our hearts soaring. Everything is complete, almost. Just a few more things to do.