She once

Graces pov

The sun hasn't even risen yet as I speed out of the parking lot. The sky is pink and orange, a beautiful Kodak moment. Too bad I don't have time for pictures.

I make sure my gun is loaded before entering the building. I quietly make my way to the front entrance. The door opens before I even attempt to break in. Neil is there, he was expecting me.

"Don't need you killing anyone else." He walks away and I follow. "You're tracking us down? Why couldn't you've called, they have nothing to do with us." He chuckles and shoves his hands into his pockets as we walk. He's being silent, and he knows how much I hate that.

"Well say something for gods sake." Neil sighs and turns around to look at me. "Grace why would I tell you my plans?" His questions stump me.

"You could so easily go tell your little scooby- do gang and ruin everything, why would I trust you." I huff and shrug.

"I trusted you enough to protect my 'scooby-do gang', and they are all alive am I right." Neil shakes his head. I was to just scream at him.

"Yes they are alive but you seem to have forgotten we have a deal." I throw my hands up.

"Neil I'm holding my end up, I'm assisting you, I'm doing your rat work." I stare at Neil waiting, for anything.

"There's this race thing in Brazil, apparently there are rumors that they've found the vault it's all spreading like wild fire. Someone is trying to destroy it. I need you to go with me, bring Betthany bring your gang, say it's a vacation, I know how they all love racing. Then Betthany can take me to the vault and, then our deal will be complete. If the vault is destroyed before I get to it, let's just say other things will be destroyed as well. Do you understand what we have to do here?" I pull out one of the office chairs and sit in it. Rubbing my temples trying to process all of the information.

"So Brazil? When?" Neil folds his arms across his chest.

"Next week." I let out a sigh and rub my hands on my thighs.

"Promise me something please, stay away from my gang, do not endanger any of them." Neil scratches the nape of his neck.

"Sorry, I will take the necessary precautions." He starts to walk away.

"Neil no, listen please." I hold onto his arm preventing him from walking. He removes my hand from his arm like I have a disease.

"Grace leave, before I kick you out. Be ready in a week." He walks out of the room and having felt defeated, I walked out of the room, out of the building.

Neil's pov

I didn't even bother wrapping my knuckles up.

"Sir are you sure-"

"Yes rosita I don't need my knuckles wrapped, please just set that stuff down over there." I steady the punching bag, I look over to see rosita hasn't left.

"You love her don't you?" I freeze.

"Who?" I don't need to ask I know who she means. She sighs.

"Neil, you just push her away, oh no, wait you have her on a leash, that's not how you make some one love you." I growl and turn to her.

"I don't need to make her love me, she loved me once, we were forever, then... then that imbecile happened. I have everything she could ever want, but she decided to go after him."

"Did you ever think torturing her best friend was gunna get her back?"

"I did what was necessary, she helped me! I was working harder pushing for more, more power, so that grace could have the world." I shout

I watch as she saunters across my room. "Where are you going?" I groan as i stretch. Grace looks up from sliding her shirt over her head. Her dark eyes, she looks at me so innocently.

"Don't look at me like that." I say motioning for her to come over to me. She hesitates fir a split second before she comes and sits on my lap. I run my hands up and down her back as I take in her intoxicating sent. I will never get enough of her.

"I will give you the world. I mean it, the world will be at your beck and call." She slowly shakes her head.

"I don't need the world Neil. I have you, you that's all I'll ever need." She whispers against my ear.I gently hold the back of her small neck. 

"As you wish." I say before kissing her.

The door slamming snaps me back to reality. I start to feel, and that makes me tense. To feel is to be weak. So I regain my focus on the bag and begin to practice my skills. No matter how much force I use on the bag, how painful my knuckles feel, I still can't keep Rosita's words out of my mind. Was she right, was I keeping grace on a leash. All I knew was I would get to see her and thats all that mattered. Though she may call me and tell me im crazy, at least she's calling. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pretty sure this is the shortest chapter ever for this book, I'm really sorry I just, ugh the next stuff woudlnt flow into this chapter. But I'll probably double update again today.