Punishment

I watched as betthany took in our surroundings.

"God I've always wanted to come here." she says eyes wide with excitement. jack walks past us with our suit cases. Jack watches betthany walk by and I smack him on the back of the head.

"God could you be anymore obvious." he chuckles as follows after us. my phone starts to ring. It's an unknown caller.

"Hello?"

"Yes grace, Neil. I'm going to text you your address and that's where you will be staying." the phone call ends and then I get a text.

"Guys I have the address."

--

Our car pulls up to a huge mansion. It looks so familiar like I've seen it somewhere. Betthany answers all of our thoughts.

"It's Hayley's mansion." she whispers. Jack rubs her arm and I internally curse Neil.

It's the same way Hayley left it. Betthany and I were here once for a tour, we dropped in for a few hours then had to leave, I never imagined we'd be sleeping and living here for the next couple days.

I know by the end of the week, only a few of us will be returning to America. I know for a fact, I will personally make sure Betthany comes home and Neil doesn't.

The inside is bright and clean looking. Complete with a crystal chandelier and white marble floors. Everything is that whitish creme color with the occasional pale pink. Sammy greats us and i can't help but smile when I see him, he's in one piece not a visible bruise or cut on him. It takes every ounce of self control to not run up to him and smother him in kisses.

"It's nice to see all of you arrived safely." His voice is weird, it's mechanical. Monotone. His eyes meet mine and I know something isn't right. To anyone not paying as close attention as I was, they wouldn't have noticed the way he shook his head. I take in a deep breathe as one of the maids leads us to our rooms, Sammy falls back discussing something with Betthany. At these moments I wish cameron would've come, to act as a distraction and keep her out of the drama.

My room is right across from betthany's, I decided not to share because I knew she'd have Jack in there. My mind drifts to nights with Sammy. I wonder if he'll be able to sneak into my room or if he won't at all.

I throw my suit case on my beg and debate whether it's worth unpacking or not. I'm in the bathroom setting up all my facial products when I feel arms wrap around me. Sammy's familiar smell of wine relaxes me. I turn around to face him.

"What's wrong?" I ask playing with his button up collar. He smiles.

"Nothing baby." Sammy presses his lips against mine. I smile into the kiss, sammys hand is cold as is travels up my shirt. His cold touch causes me to gasp. I move my hands and begin to unbutton his shirt. Sammy suddenly stops and grabs my hands.

"No." He says sternly. I'm shocked honestly.

"Cmon what's gotten into you?" Sammy turns away from me and fiddles with his shirt. I grab his shoulder and turn him around.

"Grace seriously st-" it's too late, I've already seen it. I grab his shirts and the tear it off. His abs are there, it's all the same except for the horrid multi colored bruises across his side. I gasp and gently run my fingers over the. Sammy holds his head high his eyes closed in pain.

"Who did this to you?" I croak. Anger boils within me and I can't help but want to murder who ever hurt him. I stand back up and cup his face.

"Sammy, say something." I beg and he opens his eyes.

"I'm not sure-" he starts weakly "it was dark, I couldn't see, one minute I was walking and the next I was in the dark, on this cold, hard, damp ground with my whole body feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. It was a punishment." He isn't looking at me when he says all this. A punishment.

"Someone is gunna have to pay." I say through clenched teeth. Sammy shakes his head.

"No no, please. I just want you safe and out of harms way. Please just stay here." I nod and gently step into his open arms. This has to do with Neil, Neil did this.

A knock on the bedroom door separates us, I walk out of the bathroom to answer it as Sammy buttons up his shirt.

Betthany stands there smiling.

"Well are we gunna go explore?" I really hate to burst her bubble.

"I'm really jet lagged so I'm just gonna sleep, I'm sure Jack would love to go with you." Betthany nods and seems to understand. She walks away and I shut the door again.

"Look you lay down, I'm going to get you some ice okay. Rest." I say kissing his cheek before directing him to the bed.

As I walk through the mansion I hear chatter from one of the rooms. The voice sounds angry and familiar. As I make my way closer im able to make out the voice. It's Jack.

"Listen, we're here, she's here. Yes we will be right on schedule. Just promise one thing, she doesn't get hurt. None of the get hurt. Thank you, no I won't let you down." Jack hangs up and throws his phone on the couch before he runs his hand through his hair. I hear footsteps so I hide behind the night statue next to me, Betthany comes bouncing into the room.

"Are we going?" Jack looks up at her and smiles. A dramatic transformation from the previous seconds.

"Yes let go babe." He takes her hand and they walk out to the front entrance. As Jack is walking past me he suddenly turns to where I am. I hold my breath as if that's going to help. His face fills with shock and I am certain he's seen me. I blink and place my index finger to my lips. Jack gulps and turns his attention back to Betthany. Once they are out of sight I jump out from my hiding spot. I take in a deep breath and walk to the kitchen. What the hell is going on what kind of spider web has Neil built.